Quantcast

Urgent BUG on OLED48A1PTA: Please add an option in "media player" (for NAS shared media) to avoid generating previews which takes forever

Xuancong Wang

Question

I have two LG TVs, 65SM8600PTA and OLED48A1PTA respectively. Both are connected to the same NAS router via LAN cable. Both can enter the NAS folder containing my Chinese drama series collection.

65SM8600PTA can play everything smoothly. OLED48A1PTA always stucks at loading the drama series folder (which contains ~60 video files, each video is in the size range 400MB-2GB) for very long time, >3 minutes. Upon clicking into the last layer folder, the spinner spins for very long time while attempting to regenerate previews for this and parent folders. So if there is an option to skip generating video/image previews, then listing folder content can complete much faster, and then that will solve the problem.

I would like request this additional option for OLED48A1PTA to skip generating preview so that NAS video list can show up quickly.

OLED48A1PTA is bought from Shopee recently under 15-day-free-return policy, if you can push an update before 2022-02-10 that solves this problem, I will accept the product. Otherwise I will raise a return-and-refund request because the OLED screen also has vertical strip issue when displaying grey background.

Thanks for your notification!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet