Quantcast

BBC Iplayer

Derek Robinson

Question

1 answer to this question

On 12/18/2021 at 11:21 PM, Derek Robinson said:

Why, when I have a good internet speed does BBC Iplayer keep freezing or saying unable to connect? I can switch to my Firestick and use that but after paying for an LG TV I expect that to work as well, especially when the Firestick is plugged into the LG TV.

I have an LG OLED65C14LB. All apps work perfectly except for the iPlayer app. Just now it has been sat at loading. Most of the time when it does play, it buffers and restarts every so often, sometimes every few minutes. My internet is around 30mbps, it streams 4k on Netflix and Disney, so not my internet. It's just a very rubbish app. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
    • By JohnoFon
      I am using an LM6300PLA, WebOS version 05.30.11
      When I try to record a series from the Live TV - using input the satellite connection - the first episode records correctly, but subsequent episodes all stop after 3 minutes.
      What am I doing wrong?
      Further annoyances are that I can't just set it to record all episodes of a particular show (the way my HUMAX Freesat does), but only 'repeat recording on specified days' with no end-date.
      Does this mean that the recorder has no access to the Electronic Programme Guide, but just sets a time and duration? If the broadcaster reschedules the programme does the recorder just pick up the replacement?
    • By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By dracula1001
      Hello,
      I own a 55 inch LG  WEBOS TV SM8100PVA and I am connecting my SONY WH-1000XM3 bluetooth head set to the TV, it used to auto connect as soon as I power on the headphones, but now it only connecting manually, I have tried to reconnect them (forget and connect again) and the auto detect isturned on, I cannot auto connect them
      meaning every time I have to connect them, but only manually, it started happening after I connected them once to my phone and than I unpaired them from my phone,
      Can anyone assist :)?
      thank you