Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

webOSroundup: Cyanogenmod9 Alpha 1 Released!!

link hidden, please login to view
We have been waiting for Alpha 1 since Alpha 0 was released. Well, wait no more! As of 9:47 PM last night, alpha 1 was released to the public! This release is still *alpha* and should be treated as such. This still carries all the warnings that the last 3 releases had.  But this version also carries a lot more features that we have been waiting for, like HD video playback. It still does not support Netflix streaming yet, but they are certainly making some amazing progress! See below for the changelog, links, and more info.

• Hardware video decoding support. As a result, Youtube HD and 720p and 1080p local media will now be playable. 
    Netflix does not work yet.
  • Includes touchscreen improvements by Dees_Troy
  • Now able to enable use of 2D companion core to offload composition

And below are the release notes.

We finally have hardware video decode working largely thanks to some help from yjwong. This release is primarily just to get hardware decoding out for folks to enjoy while other work continues. This build 
does not work with Netflix yet
. However, hardware accelerated video decoding does work for Youtube HD and playback of local media. This build still uses the 2.6.35 kernel. The 3.0 kernel is still being heavily worked on and is also the primary focus for development. Don’t expect hardware video decoding to be perfect yet. Its half a miracle it works at all on our current kernel.

Similar to the last build I will provide flashable zips to make it easier to switch to lcd density 120 with proper launcher layout. The hardware video decoding will not make it into the nightlies for a few days. There is still some work to do in order to get it merged into repositories and ensure it doesn’t break other devices.

You can find the download links

Source:

(thanks for the tip 
)

DDXISyikvPc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Lgoled65pau
      Every morning I have to enter settings/connection/WiFi connection and see that there is no check mark next to my WiFi name. It will reconnect when I click on it, and every once in a while it won’t connect until I enter WiFi password. I’ve talked for hours with multiple LG ‘techs’ halfway around the world only to find they are clueless. All settings have been triple checked. In the year I’ve had this not-too-smart tv none of my devices like tablets, phones, printers, desktops, or even Amazon fire stick have disconnected from WiFi even once! LG IS CLUELESS! Any body experience the same issue?
    • By Alex
      September 1, 2014

Official Release of LuneOS and Project Updates

WebOS Ports releases LuneOS with it's first release called Affogato. Read all about it at link hidden, please login to view.

It’s been a long while since we link hidden, please login to view back in June of 2013, but today after months of very hard work we are very proud and happy to provide our latest release to the community now named “LuneOS”.
      The first eye catching change is the new name we’ll be using for our project going forward. The distribution will be called “LuneOS” instead of “WebOS Ports Open webOS” because it wasn’t very catchy.  Lune is the French translation of moon and refers to the user interface we all love so much in legacy webOS, LunaSysMgr, which is named after the Latin/Spanish translation of moon.

The release model for LuneOS is a rolling one where each of the releases will get its own name from a list of coffee beverages. This first release is “Affogato”....link hidden, please login to view

• By Alex
      May 12, 2020 - 
      link hidden, please login to view We're pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.5.0.
      The highlights of this release are as follows:
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view For more details on this release, see the 
      link hidden, please login to view. Hardware acceleration based media pipeline for RPi4
      This release adds support of hardware acceleration based media pipeline for Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4). The newly included hardware acceleration based media pipeline enhances the performance of the webOS media framework.
      Dual audio output through USB devices
      This release enables dual audio output through USB devices.
      Nyx GPS module
      This release includes the Nyx GPS module support. Nyx is a HW abstraction layer that is responsible for providing platform abstraction porting layers to webOS.
      Georgian locale
      This release includes the addition of Georgian locale support in i18n/l10n.
      CLI update
      Command-Line Interface (CLI) has been updated to v1.11.1. For details, see CLI's 
      link hidden, please login to view. iLib upgrade
      iLib, the library used for localization in webOS OSE, has been upgraded from v14.4.0 to v14.6.0. For details, see the library's 
      link hidden, please login to view.
    • By Nagavikas Pulluri
      I bought LG C9 but there are jio apps missing atleast Jio Cinima app required to watch all movies. But From LG support they don’t have info about it, I called one of the executive of LG.  Jio Cinima app is required like prime and netflix because it is updating all new movies too. Please tell us how much time you need to develop and release the Jio cinima app in LG content Store so that daily I won’t open the content store app and I don’t search for Jio cinima

• By Zorac Dev
      I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior to the reminder going off to see if the TV is on. if it is not on then don't action the reminder thus not turning the TV on. twice now have been woken during the night to find the TV on. please fix in next release and advise.   2. Also, can you add a page in settings.  general. about TV. upgrade. what's been updated. a histotical list of changes. this would be ideal as it would advise both bug fixes and new features.   3. Also the favourites feature is very hard to organise. For example if I add a new channel to favourites1 it will go to the bottom of the list. However the swap feature is useless if you want to move this channel to say the second position. This is a problem because you are expecting us to swap 2 channels when on reality we need to move 1 channel from the bottom to say the 3rd slot WITHOUT changing any others. We don't want to swap the channel in position 2 with that in last position.