Quantcast

Can I avoid booting into cable TV mode?

VickiB

Question

Every time we turn on our "smart" TV, it tries to connect to cable. We don't have cable. That's not very smart.

Because we don't have cable, we have static; it's noisy and annoying until I can push enough buttons on the remote to get to something else.

Is there a way to tell this thing not to boot into "TV" mode? (Best if it would remember what it was doing when I turned it off).

3 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      American Street Artist and Social Activist, Shepard Fairey Chooses LG OLED as His
      Digital Canvas at Frieze LA

SEOUL, Mar. 1, 2024 — At Frieze Los Angeles 2024, LG OLED is joining forces with Shepard Fairey, the acclaimed contemporary street artist, social activist and founder of OBEY street wear, to bring street art into the realm of transformative digital expression. LG OLED, the ultimate digital canvas, is interwoven with Shephard’s physical works and the exhibition space itself to deliver a compelling sensory experience at LA’s annual art extravaganza.
      Themed Peace and Justice, the exhibition features a selection of Shepard Fairey’s instantly-recognizable work; hand-picked by the artist himself and drawing attention to some of the most pressing issues facing society today. Fairey blurs the boundary between traditional and commercial art, employing type and image to create vibrant pieces that offer bold, memorable visuals and thoughtful social critique.
      Although street art is, by its nature, an outdoor art form, Shepard is unafraid to embrace the digital medium, deftly uniting physical and virtual elements to add a new dimension to his artistic practice. Through the collection Peace and Justice, with support from LG OLED, the exhibition space at Frieze LA becomes an extension of Shepard’s distinctive art, delivering his unique creative vision in an innovative and highly original way.
      Reimagined for Frieze LA, the artist’s captivating Damaged Wrong Path Mural combines several iconic pieces from the artist’s well-received solo show, Damaged (2017). The clever deployment of LG OLED TVs brings fresh energy and a new dynamic to the large, complex piece.
      Leveraging the image accuracy made possible by LG OLED’s pixel-level control, Shepard amplifies the impact of this visually striking mural while imbuing it with a ‘newness’ that may surprise those familiar with the work. Shepard and LG OLED’s exclusive exploration of digital art also serves as a masterclass in the harmonious fusion of art and technology.
      “Art is about so much more than aesthetics; it should spur challenging conversations, broach meaningful topics and push us to feel uncomfortable emotions,” said Shepard Fairey. “The works included in my collaboration with LG OLED were chosen with these things in mind, and to demonstrate to audiences that the combining of art and technology can drive artistic practice and expression into new and rewarding territory.”
      “LG OLED is delighted to join with Shepard Fairey to push artistic boundaries and engage and inspire visitors at Frieze LA,” said Kate Oh, vice president of the Brand Communication Division at the LG Home Entertainment Company. “We remain steadfast in our commitment to the arts and will continue to support artists who share our passion for innovation and for making a positive difference.”
      LG OLED is dedicated to introducing more people to the exciting, always-evolving world of digital art. Through its LG OLED ART initiatives, the LG OLED brand continues to celebrate the fusion of art and technology, and connect with art enthusiasts from all around the globe.
      Join the LG OLED ART journey – visit the
      link hidden, please login to view to experience the brand’s latest captivating collaborations. # # #

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor
    • By Vladimir Zhuchkov
      Hi.
      Today I've faced the issue that all our LG TV in company cann't login in Developer mode. I tried to re-install dev mode, but LG content store is unavailable too.
      On Friday I didn't have any problem with that. Maybe smb has the same issues?
      Should say that errors on screens are very informative to solve smth...
    • By Francisco_ARG
      Today, I received an LG 43SM5KB-BD television which, upon powering it on, automatically enters the Smart TV mode. After this loading process is complete, it further transitions into a playback mode that displays promotional videos. It's important to note that this mode is not the well-known "retail" or "store mode" which typically features a sidebar with product information, but rather a mode preloaded with videos for playback.
      When attempting to press the buttons on the remote control or those located on the back of the television, I do not receive any response. I am in need of exiting this mode to navigate the television as usual. Does anyone know how to exit this mode without having to perform a factory reset?
      I appreciate your assistance, and greetings!