Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: USA Today app has nearly twice as many downloads on TouchPad than all Android tablets combined

USA Today

The App Catalog on the HP TouchPad might not have the most expansive selection in the tablet space, but it's got some pretty decent apps in it. One of those is the free USA Today app, which provides a slick interface for accessing the news site's stories. And as it would turn out, it's a relatively popular app. From a leaked slide from an internal USA Today presentation, we've learned that the USA Today app for TouchPad has been downloaded 250,000 times, which isn't bad for a platform that might have over a million devices on market.

While that pales in comparison to the 2.9 million downloads for the iPad, the webOS tablet app handily trounces its Android tablet competition. All standard Android tablets (excluding the Amazon Kindle Fire, because while it's based on Android, it's not a "true" Android tablet) combined have netted a total of 130,000 downloads. That's on tablets from multiple manufacturers who are still standing behind the product. Heck, HP's defunct tablet has managed to clock more app downloads than Windows Phone as a platform.

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgnZiVoAzwZBY

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Freeing up space

When ever I use Netflix or Amazon it keeps saying "App will restart to free up space" I've tried clearing my watch list in the Netflix and Amazon, and don't know how else to free up space. Does it mean free up space within the app or with in the T.V it's self??? 

By silver, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • webOS OSE on HP Touchpad?

With the release of webOS OSE, I'm wondering if it's able to run on the HP Touchpad. I wonder if someone will attempt to port it over.   Might give me a reason to pull out the old Touchpad, currently have an older Android system on it and haven't messed with it in over a year.

By ajmboy, in HP TouchPad

• 0 replies
    • Question: Accessing music files correctly

I have an oled55c7V and a storage device on the same wireless network.  The storage has lots of music and photos. The TV can access the device and see the data on it. It seems to deal with photo albums fine. However it doesn't present the music information in a good way, making it effectively useless. Grateful for help! The  music on the external storage is, as you would expect, stored as albums and tracks. The tracks are files and the albums are folders.  The issue is that I can't see a good list of folders, ie albums, which is what I really want. If on the TV I select music, it shows me the device and can then click on folders. Unhappily, it shows me 10,000 individual files (ie tracks) first) so it takes 10  minutes to scroll down to find the folders. This looks to my naive eye to be a fault: if I search on folders I should get folders. Another search option is on albums. Trouble with that is that it finds only about 20 albums, and the remaining 10,000 tracks are bundled into a single 'unknown' folder. So that's no good either but why is this happening? Why has it failed to identify the vast majority of albums. When I look at them on my PC I can see no difference between the folders and their contents for the few the TV does recognise versus the many that it does not. For example, we have a fair few Beatles albums with only two recognised by the TV. Those two did not arrive on the storage by a different route than at least some of the others, and they look identical on my PC (they are basically MP3 files, the folder also contains a very small file called ID).  Whe I try to seach by other criteria, eg artist, I get the same very small sample. What seems to be going on here is that some attribute in the folders (which I can't see) is causing some to load as albums but most not. One way out of this would perhaps be for me to navigate down the file structure on the NAS as I do on my PC. But I can't find a way to do that on my TV. Is there one? Grateful for help!  

By Oldnog, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 10 answers
    • Who Bought a Fire Sale HP Touchpad?

Did you buy a Firesale HP Touchpad? Share the details... Thankfully, I was able to get one myself, but it took a few tries and ordering it on the HP Business site. By the time I checked all the retailer, they were gone! Snagged a 16GB for $99! I hope you grabbed one also...

By Alex, in HP TouchPad

• 21 replies
    • Question: LG smart Tv browser keeps shutting down due to lack of memory or needs more memory space?

My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up.  I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc.  Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory?  My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly.    Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV.  Thanks 

By Tanni, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 3 answers