Quantcast

How do I get 5.1 out of this stupid TV!!!

adamrt

Question

Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!

I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?

Great picture, rubbish TV

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

On 7/28/2021 at 12:51 PM, adamrt said:

Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!

I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?

Great picture, rubbish TV

I've had a similar problem when playing a DVD that defaults to 5.1.

I solved it by going to Settings, All Settings, Sound, Sound Out, PCM (not Auto)

Hope this helps!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG USA’s latest collaboration in their year-long Only on OLED content campaign is a three-part content series featuring popular Kansas City Chiefs football tight end Travis Kelce and a look at his ambitions not only for the upcoming football season which kicked off this past week but also off the field as a fashion brand founder, business owner, and philanthropist.

The three-part series is airing on with special cut downs from the episodes available on and promoted across the .

Episode 1 of “Travis Kelce, Only on OLED” which debuted last week, answers the question, “What’s next for Travis Kelce?” Accompanied by his close friends, the series chronicles Kelce’s next big idea, “365 Days of Travis,” a calendar allowing his fans to get more of him every day of the year. Throughout the series, viewers will see the calendar come to life from concept to photo shoot, and ultimately the big unveil.

“Partnering with LG in the lead up to my season was a natural fit,” said Kelce. “There is no better way to watch football or any sport than on an LG OLED TV. I was stunned by the picture quality, its ability to capture the speed of sports in intense, crisp detail and deliver an experience that made you feel like you were at the game. Working with them on this series also let me show people who I am off the field. I appreciate LG giving me the opportunity to share that with others.”

“To highlight LG OLED’s ability to deliver an unrivaled sports viewing experience at home, it was only fitting that our next Only on OLED collaboration be with one of football’s biggest champions as the pro and college football seasons get underway,” said Peggy Ang, LG’s Senior Vice President of Marketing. “With our Only on OLED activations, we are bringing to our consumers unique content that goes beyond the game and highlights the stories behind today’s biggest athletes off the field.”

The Only on OLED campaign focuses on key consumer passions in sports, movies and gaming that are drivers for TV purchases. To reach consumers, the campaign features unparalleled access to unique events and moments best enjoyed on LG OLED TVs. Earlier this summer, LG released Hangin’ With Kuz, a social media series featuring basketball star Kyle Kuzma which offered fans a glimpse into his new home and off-court passions. The program kicked off earlier this year with a live celebrity gaming showdown between multi-platinum-selling music mogul DJ Khaled and world-renowned actor Megan Fox.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      LG Ads, the company's advertising arm, has announced River OS which is a new Smart TV operating system built on ads and personalization. The first River OS-based Smart TVs will ship in late 2021.

LG River OS
      LG said that it has already lined up multiple OEM partners. The first River OS-powered Smart TVs will ship in India by the end of 2021, and in the US and elsewhere sometime in 2022. - "Our current OEM partners include LG, Sharp, Hisense, Toshiba, Seiki, Skyworth, Tivo, and Sling Media, with over 10 more OEMs committed to joining us in 2021," the company said.
      River OS will have a personalized home screen with content and ads tailored to the specific user through profiling. All device, input, channel, and app switching in the Smart TV is handled by River OS, which will also have deep integration of voice control. - "With streaming dominating viewing time today, it’s still too hard for people to find, discover and enjoy the programs they want to watch, across literally thousands of content sources available. River OS solves that challenge in an elegant way and delivers new, fully voice-controlled smart TV features that consumers will find innovative and essential. And we’re able to package ad-supported content in a way that allows our OEM partners to deliver a high-quality product at an affordable price point," said John Gee, chief business development officer for LG Ads.

The company's new alternative TV operating system was created by LG Ads Solutions, which is a partnership between LG and Alphonso. LG acquired a controlling stake in Alphonso in January 2021. - "Content partners and brand advertisers will have a rich array of interactive native ad formats, including home screen takeovers, for engaging consumers on the largest screen in the house. Native ads enable viewers to easily click through the ad units to trailers, videos, microsites, and other experiences," said LG Ads Solutions with reference to River OS-powered Smart TVs. Also read: LG's webOS 6.0 platform for 2021 TVs has a redesigned homescreen It is unclear what River OS means for the future of LG's webOS that has already taken a turn toward ads and personalization in version 6.0 that comes pre-installed on LG's 2021 LCD and OLED TVs. LG said that "major content streaming services and apps will be readily available on River OS-powered TVs", which could suggest that there is a link to webOS.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view  
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By David Mokida
      TV Model : LG 43UP7750
      Not sure if it's a hardware or Web OS fault , Whenever there is a powercut my TV fails to pick up system time automatically . There is a default time set and whenever I have a power cut the time is setting to the default time . I think that LG has not included any battery at hardware level to automatically store time . So whenever I have a powercut I have to wait for few minutes for my TV to set the time automatic . 
      My parents use hotstar app a lot so they get  an Certification error and asks to check the time since the certificate is expired . So they call me to set the time or restart the tv for it to automatically refresh the system time . 
      Make it a priority to set the system time first on restart . 

• By xkurosaki20x
      When trying to cast live videos from smartphone to LG CX Facebook Watch app, the video is stuck on loading; only the live comments are shown.
      Same issue when trying to play the live video directly from the LG CX Facebook Watch app.
      No issues with non-live videos.