Quantcast

How do I get 5.1 out of this stupid TV!!!

adamrt

Question

Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!

I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?

Great picture, rubbish TV

3 answers to this question

On 7/28/2021 at 12:51 PM, adamrt said:

Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!

I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?

Great picture, rubbish TV

I've had a similar problem when playing a DVD that defaults to 5.1.

I solved it by going to Settings, All Settings, Sound, Sound Out, PCM (not Auto)

Hope this helps!

Some info. 

OLED55P TV   Marantz SR5500 receiver.

A call to support revealed sound out using  "Internal Speaker and Optical" option  will  only be stereo. 

Sound out set as  "Optical" only,  passes 5.1 Dolby,  Atmos and DTS  through to  the AMP without fault.  You can use the Dolby apps in the apps library to test it out.  Very impressive.  

I suspect Digital Out will do the same. I don't have a cable to test.  It needs to meet a digital standard.

Try selecting just your SONOS  HDMI output as  ARC as your sound out and dont split it with the internal speaker.  I cant test this as I don't have HDMI input on my Amp but given how the optical  output works it may work the same for ARC. 

Good Luck.