Quantcast

Getting ARC HDMI to work permanently with Arcam SA30

Derekc

Question

Getting ARC HDMI to work permanently with Arcam SA30

I am trying to get the HDMI ARC to work from LG OLED55B6V to Arcam SA30.
I can do this by removing all other HDMI cables from the TV and then configuring to work. This is OK for some time, but then going back to it means going through the whole process again.
Does anyone know of a way to set this up permanently?

6 answers to this question

@Derekc You do not describe exactly what the issue is, BUT the HDMI-CEC (called "Simplink" in the LG TV), can cause odd issues, and you can turn it off for some, or all of the HDMI ports (depending on the model). You would of course lose any "auto-power-on or off" functionality for the TV/AMP pair (as I am suggesting you try the ARC port first).

Another thing that can cause odd HDMI functionality failures, is low spec cables, so try to find which device, when connected one at a time, might be causing the issue when re-connecting, then check the cable has the actual spec printed on the cable jacket (1.4B, 2.0 etc) and should also state if 4K compatible.  I tried to use an old unknown one for one of my devices on my 4K TV a while back, and it caused all sorts of odd flickering and sound drop-out issues on the TV until I changed it.  Try to ensure the cables are all the same spec (ideally all 2.0).

1 hour ago, td47 said:

and you can turn it off for some, or all of the HDMI ports

That's what I was trying to do, but couldn't see how to.  Would you be good enough to let me know how.

The issue is that once configured to work, after a while the connection is no longer there and I have to repeat the whole procedure.

@Derekc Try this:: open the general Settings menu, or open the Quick Settings menu and then navigate to the Advanced Settings icon at the bottom of the menu. On some remotes, you might need to press the SETTINGS button for 5 seconds. On some models Simplink can be seen in the "General" section under settings.

If turning off Simplink  does not rectify the issue, try turning off the "QuickStart+" setting, then unplug the TV from power  for 5 minutes, then test your issue again. There have been reports of "odd" issues with the Quick Start active on some models.

6 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Derekc Try this:: open the general Settings menu, or open the Quick Settings menu and then navigate to the Advanced Settings icon at the bottom of the menu. On some remotes, you might need to press the SETTINGS button for 5 seconds. On some models Simplink can be seen in the "General" section under settings.

If turning off Simplink  does not rectify the issue, try turning off the "QuickStart+" setting, then unplug the TV from power  for 5 minutes, then test your issue again. There have been reports of "odd" issues with the Quick Start active on some models.

Hi .  Thanks for this.

What I was trying to do was to switch off Simplink per input.  That was triggered by your reference in the first reply.

On a completely unrelated issue, every time I switch on the TV I get the WEBOS banner across the bottom of the screen.  Is there any way to disable this? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.