Quantcast

Recently played video files

Question

I play video files from a USB stick via the Photos and Videos app - is there any way to show which files have been played most recently? I generally watch downloaded series but tend to forget which episode I watched last!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have been watching video files for 3 years now on my LG and have not found a way to do that either. I am interested in this subject also. BTW I also forget sometimes which episode I watched  last and would like to find a way for the OS to delete a file.

@Rod Roderick For external media sources, I don't think there is a way to do this, as the TV has no way of indexing and detecting/remembering Viewed Date, or partially viewed etc. The scheduled recordings to an external USB HDD drive via Time Machine II MIGHT show this, BUT I have never found that to be very smart as regards programme files naming (especially if started early compared with the TV GUIDE names/times). The interface is very clunky, and far inferior to external PVR boxes like Foxtel or Sky, or FETCH Mighty.

It is possble that the PLEX TV client might help, but you will need to set up a NAS to hold your recordings, and have PLEX index them using a PLEX Server.