Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

On 3/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Hridaynath said:

Disney Hotstar App is not working with LG Smart TV , the WebOS software version currently installed is  05.30.10

The WebOS tv version is 4.3.0-9703

Why this happened, after we spent a lot of money in our tv lg uf 8300, arround 700$, and this tv can't download the app,we need a patch or something to get the disney plus app. Please make some development for this models and another that can't download this app

@jgarcia So, you are quoting from another user - does this mean that you have the same TV model, and that does not have Disney Hotstar in the LG Store?

Are you also mistakenly thinking that this forum belongs to LG?

Many owners posting on here seem to think they are posting to an LG owned facility or site forum.  Please be aware that this Forum is ONLY an LG TV Owners and enthusiasts peer-to-peer help forum to exchange ideas and experiences, and advice and possible workarounds by other like-minded enthusiasts. This forum has NO business link or influence over LG, or their product capabilities (or lack of), and does NOT provide any lobbying capability to get things fixed.

Your best action for you (and ALL other posters on this thread) is to all contact LG Support DIRECTLY in your country of use, and register your complaint there, so that they can more accurately gauge the affect of the lack of functionality, or APP availability on your specific model.

Edited by td47
typos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      It’s human nature to want to belong and to feel loved. After all, humans are social animals. Whether it’s visiting grandma’s farm every summer or the extended family gathering on dad’s birthday for the past twenty years, these events reinforce the sense of belonging and warmth that connect one generation to the next through the sharing of values and experiences.
      LG’s recently launched #CareForWhereYouLive campaign is all about creating warmth and a feeling of belonging through advanced LG technologies. With LG Therma V air-to-water heat pump (AWHP), for example, anyone can create a warm and comfortable environment for family gatherings no matter how cold and windy it is outside.

The lead video in the heartwarming campaign begins with a elderly woman waiting patiently at her doorstep for her grandson, who is coming to stay with her. In a series of touching vignettes, we see how she cares for him as he grows from boy to teenager to man, and how she created the foundation for him to one day create a warm, loving home of his own. And when the time comes when grandmother can’t wait on her doorstep anymore, she will know that her grandson and his family will be in good hands with LG Therma V.

More sustainable than conventional heat pumps, AWHP systems use advanced technology and simple physics to move outdoor air indoors and vice versa, all while using less electricity and for greater energy efficiency. LG’s AWHP solution offers reliable space heating and hot water supply all year-round, without the use of any fossil fuels. Better for the home and the planet, LG’s sustainable system minimizes electricity consumption by an incredible 75 percent by using air drawn from outside the home as a heat source.1

At up to four times more energy efficient than a traditional boiler, LG Therma V is a cost-effective heating and hot water solution for any home. Recognizing the financial and environmental benefits of AWHP systems, many European governments are now offering tax reductions and other incentives to encourage more residents to make the switch to these low-impact solutions.2

#CareForWhereYouLive is the latest in an ongoing series of LG initiatives presenting simple ways that everyone can help do their part to ensure a better tomorrow. It follows LG’s successful #CareForWhatYouWear campaign encouraging people to adopt a more sustainable approach to their wardrobe.
      To see how LG Therma V can help create warm, sustainable homes where families can keep cherished traditions alive – and create new rituals to pass on to future generations – please follow the .
      # # #
      1 Comparing LG Therma V R32 Series and Electrical Boiler under Low Temperature and Average Climate conditions. The ratio indicates general figure for understanding purpose. The result may differ depending on the actual operation and usage environments. Therma V uses 75% of natural energy absorbed from outside air and the rest of 25% comes from electricity, significantly reducing CO2 emission compared to oil or gas boilers.
      2 Governmental support for homeowners switching to AWHP solutions may differ by country.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Bevb
      I have a NANO91ANA LG TV connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver. Normally when I turn the TV on it also turns the receiver on and I can control volume via the LG remote, whether it is an app on the TV or from another device connected to my receiver (Apple TV or cable box). Now the receiver is not turning on and ARC audio is not working. I think there may have been a software update the other day, but I'm not sure. However, everything was working properly until last night. The last time this happened it seemed to correct itself (it seems to be kind of sporadic), but this time it did not. I do not know what to do to correct this, but it is a major pain as I'm now having to deal with 4 remotes, plus I can't get sound out of my surround speakers when using an app on the TV.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By News Reporter
      Despite technology playing a big part in our everyday lives, there are millions of families around the world that are unable to afford the basic tool to access such technology. In the UK alone, a 2020 report estimates that up to 1.8 million children do not have access to a computer at home. The pandemic moved us all to a more flexible and digital way of life, making technology an essential part of the education process, which means that many children across the country are at a serious disadvantage.

The LG team in the UK has long been passionate about giving youth the chance to reach their full potential. So, in collaboration with , a leading UK charity that supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with weekly one-to-one mentoring, helping develop character, raise aspirations, and improve academic attainment, the LG UK team decided to take action. Starting with four schools across London, LG announced the Laptop Library program to support young people with free access to state-of-the-art technology and improve their digital education experience.

As part of the program, LG UK donated LG gram laptops to each school and equipped them with a portable and secure store and charge solutions which students can use to book out laptops for use at school or home specifically to support one-to-one mentoring sessions.
      “It is incredibly tough for some students to keep up without access to proper technology,” said Kim Han-ju, IT Product Director at LG Electronics UK. “With our Laptop Library program, we hope to have a positive impact on the lives of these young people, each of whom deserves a future as bright as anyone else’s.”

Around 2,600 children are set to benefit from the initiative across the four schools, with plans to expand the initiative nationwide and donate LG Laptop Libraries to more schools in 2022 and beyond. To kick off the program, England football legend and father, Emile Heskey, visited one of the schools to unveil the Laptop Library and give a motivational talk to the students on the importance of education in setting up the foundations for a bright future.

“School education is so important in setting yourself up for the future, and I feel we sometimes take things like laptops for granted when there are some children that simply don’t have access,” said Emile, praising the program. “I’m really pleased to help launch this brilliant program alongside LG and ReachOut.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Guy Madison
      Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
      I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.