Quantcast

Youtube App will stop playing/loading after a few videos

marcog

Question

Since a short while (maybe 2 weeks), the youtube app seems to have issues.

I can only play 2-3 videos consecutively, before it stops loading even the ads that come before each video, black screen only.

Funny enough, sometimes I am not even able to turn the TV off when this happens.

I already tried:

- Logout and back into my youtube acc.

- Uninstall the app from WebOS, turn TV off incl unplug power for 1+ minutes, reinstall the app.

- Reset the TV to factory default, reinstall everything.

Other apps work like a charm still, eg Netflix, Plex, other web based TV providers for local channels.

Youtube App used to work just fine for me, I would assume it has to do with a recent update.

For info, I am on a OLED55B7V

I also am posting a similar help request to the Youtube Forums.

Thanks for your help!

BR

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I've been having sluggish YouTube lately as well.  A video will start and then the spinning busy indicator and a long delay.  I found that just disabling the internet and then reconnecting fixed it for a while.  I am connecting wirelessly, fwiw.  The internet provider switched from 100Mbps to 200Mbps and I thought somehow the change in speed might have screwed up the app.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      I have a 2020/21  LG Nano49 and a Humax 4000T Freeview box. My aerial lead goes into the Humax and then connects to the TV's aerial socket via the RF out on the Humax. All has been fine since buying the TV last December, until Saturday.....
      Suddenly the HD picture pixellated badly and then the 'no signal' screen came up. Trying to figure out what was happening, I found that I was only able to tune & access just a third of what I'd been able to before (and NO HD ones!) and the only way that I could both tune and access all through the TV, was to have the Humax box switched on. It didn't have to be selected in the inputs, just switched on. If I tried switching the box off, the HD channel being viewed, would disappear within a minute or so and the 'poor or no signal' screen would take its place, although I was still able to access some none HD channels.
      Isolating both the Humax box and the TV didn't produce any answers : the Humax tuned and displayed ALL the channels when its input was selected and when the aerial lead was removed from the box and plugged directly into the TV, no problem at all....ever channel able to be tuned and displayed.
      Even tried another identical Humax 4000T and had the same results.
      In conclusion, the TV tuner appears to work as it should when the aerial is connected directly to it and separately, the Humax box doesn't seem to have any issues when it's input is selected, but now, if I want to continue with having my Freeview recorder and TV connected, the ONLY way that I can have ALL the channels viewed through the the TV's input is to have the Humax box switched on all the time.
      Hope someone can throw some light on this issue, as I'm stuck......?

• By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By coyote
      I want to control my C1 with my Google Home speakers, but my Android LG ThinQ app is not sending the correct info to my Android Google Home app to link the ThinQ service.  
      When I try, the error message says "No devices were found in your LG ThinQ account".  However, the ThinQ app is signed into my account and successfully controlling my C1.
      Google Home support and I think the issue is with the ThinQ app.

link hidden, please login to view says this should work.  My LG support agent told me it's not supported; I'm guessing she was new.
    • By Reggie Thayil
      Recently my LG C1 has been pausing on its own and going back to the profile selection screen while using native apps. This issue occurs while using Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, etc.  I tried using my Firestick and it kept pausing my program. I tried a hard reset and that fixed the problem for 2 days before it started again with Disney+. 
      I need a fix for this issue ASAP. 
    • By LGUSA1
      I have the LG 32LJ57 and can I upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 on a 2017 model ? IDK why my TV just stop at 3.0 but I want to using 4.0 on a 2017 model! Thanks!!