Quantcast

Oled65CX6LA - no subtitles when playing movie from NAS only if audio format is not supported.

Oled65CX6LA  shows no subtitles when playing movie from NAS only if audio format from the movie is not supported, like DTS.

If audio format is supported, like AC3 then the TV shows subtitles.

So there is in the software a link with the audio format and  subtitles.

Like: 

If audio format is supported then show subtitles (SRT)

If audio format is not supported then show NO subtiles.

It would be nice if this link in the software would be removed

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Colin Todd
      After using iPlayer app on my lg nano TV when I tune to BBC 1 be, the audio starts in sync but rapidly goes to several seconds delay .
    • By Yuriy Novak
      Hi All,
      I have discovered a weird bug. If I exit playing .avi file and try to open it again the tv will show an error 'This file cannot be recognised. Returning to list.'
      I guess it stores a timestamp after exiting playing video to resume playing it later from the same position.
      But for some files (in my case avi files) the TV can't resume from a specific time (for some reason).
      I haven't found an option to remove a resume timestamp for a specific file. As a workaround I can rename the file and the TV will play it fine from the start.
      TV: 55UM7100PLB
      webOS TV Version: 4.7.0-50607 (goldilocks2-gulaga)
      Demo of the bug: 
      link hidden, please login to view Thank for any help.
    • By Lgoled65pau
      My 1 yr. old LG OLED “Smart” tv is anything but smart. I should have bought a Samsung. Why can’t the software engineers in this hapless company keep updating new apps such as AT&T Now  streaming service. Must I buy a Roku or Firestick to get that subscription? LG is a pathetic company. 
    • By marcog
      Since a short while (maybe 2 weeks), the youtube app seems to have issues.
      I can only play 2-3 videos consecutively, before it stops loading even the ads that come before each video, black screen only.
      Funny enough, sometimes I am not even able to turn the TV off when this happens.

I already tried:
      - Logout and back into my youtube acc.
      - Uninstall the app from WebOS, turn TV off incl unplug power for 1+ minutes, reinstall the app.
      - Reset the TV to factory default, reinstall everything.

Other apps work like a charm still, eg Netflix, Plex, other web based TV providers for local channels.
      Youtube App used to work just fine for me, I would assume it has to do with a recent update.

For info, I am on a OLED55B7V
      I also am posting a similar help request to the Youtube Forums.
      Thanks for your help!

BR
    • By Gaogier
      Just a quick one really.

according to the LG software update form website, my LG tv 65uk6300plb has a software update available. I have rewired my homes Ethernet and wifi, as well as connecting my tv to Ethernet over wifi. Only now I can’t seem to either connect to the software update section on LG or I am but it’s not available in my area.

any ideas how to test this... normally it says it may take a few minutes... now it says no updates straight away.