Quantcast

LG SMART TVS TO GET STADIA CLOUD GAMING IN LATE 2021

LG Smart TVs to Offer Amazing Stadia Gaming Experience Complete with Immersive
5.1 Surround Sound for Stadia Pro Gamers in the Second Half of the Year

Front view of LG 48 inch OLED TV C1 displaying motorcycle gameplay from hit video game Cyberpunk 2077, which is enabled by Google Stadia

SEOUL, Jan. 11, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces a planned partnership with Google to bring Stadia to its latest webOS smart TVs in the second half of this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay via webOS.

LG is demonstrating its commitment to supporting premium gaming on its state-of-the-art displays, made even more compelling with support for 4k and 5.1 surround sound for Stadia Pro users. Stadia on LG TVs will allow customers to instantly play hit Stadia games such as Cyberpunk 2077, NBA 2K21, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion with just a Stadia controller and no additional hardware or game downloads required.

LG plans to have the new service launched within the second half of 2021 on LG Smart TVs as a downloadable app from the LG Content Store in countries where Stadia is available. Stadia already offers more than 130 games with more being added regularly. Games can be purchased individually or gamers can claim a regular cadence of games to be played for free with a subscription to Stadia Pro, which includes exclusive discounts and up to 4K resolution. Exhilarating gaming with immersive 5.1 channel surround sound and support for up to 4K HDR and 60 FPS makes the Stadia platform a compelling choice for anyone looking for a great gaming experience without the need for an expensive, dedicated gaming console.

And when it comes to gaming, it’s hard to beat the advanced combination of Stadia and  LG OLED TVs. LG OLED’s self-lighting pixels ensure best-in-class HDR picture quality with deep blacks and extremely accurate colors. LG became the first company to launch HDR-capable 4K OLED TVs in 2015 and content on LG OLED TVs – both streaming and externally stored – benefit from the display’s fast 1ms response time, outstandingly low input lag without experiencing any loss in picture quality.

“Supporting Stadia on LG TVs is our commitment to customers that gaming is an increasingly important feature expected by LG TV owners,” said Lee Sang-woo, senior vice president of corporate business strategy at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “Stadia is changing how people access their favorite games and by providing webOS compatibility, we’re making an early commitment to the platform.”

LG’s perfect-for-gaming LG OLED TVs, new LG QNED Mini LED TVs (with the company’s propriety Quantum Dot NanoCell Technology and mini LED backlighting) and upgraded LG NanoCell TVs will be on display in during CES 2021 starting January 11.

# # #

* At time of launch, Stadia available only on LG smart TVs running webOS 6.0. LG webOS 5.0 TVs will receive the service later this year.

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.
    • By News Reporter
      Highest Quarterly Sales Ever As Mobile Division Officially Winds Down

SEOUL, July 29, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) announced its highest quarterly revenues ever as the company continued to expand its market share for premium home appliances and consumer electronics outside of South Korea. Worldwide consolidated revenues of KRW 17.11 trillion (USD 15.26 billion) rose 48.4 percent from the second quarter a year ago. Second-quarter 2021 operating profit increased 65.5 percent from last year to KRW 1.11 trillion (USD 992.08 million). Results for the LG Mobile Communications Company, which officially winds down at the end of July, are considered discontinued operations and are no longer included in quarterly earnings reports.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company reported revenues in the second-quarter of KRW 6.81 trillion (USD 6.08 billion), a healthy increase of 32.1 percent from the second quarter a year ago. Operating profit grew 6.8 percent from last year’s second quarter to KRW 653.60 billion (USD 582.75 million), mainly driven by stronger sales in markets outside of South Korea and improved resource management, although costs are expected to increase as raw materials become scarcer while the pandemic-impacted world begins to return to normal. Product competitiveness and operational efficiencies are expected to help LG maintain sales and profit momentum for major appliances in key markets.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company grew its revenues to KRW 4.04 trillion (USD 3.60 billion) in the second quarter, a substantial 79.1 percent increase compared to the same period last year. Operating profit soared to KRW 333.50 billion (USD 297.35 million), an increase of 216.4 percent year-on-year thanks to the growing popularity of premium OLED TV products and the recovery of the global TV market, which was negatively affected last year due to retail store shutdowns. With the price of TV panels continuing to rise, LG’s Home Entertainment strategy will center on growing the premium TV segment and nimble inventory management.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company achieved second-quarter sales of KRW 1.88 trillion (USD 1.68 billion), a significant increase of 106.5 percent from the same period of 2020 as a result of the recovering automotive sector and increase in demand for electric vehicle (xEV) parts. The company experienced an operating loss of KRW 103.20 billion (USD 92.01 million) as the price of automotive semiconductors increased dramatically during the quarter. Leveraging its expertise in advanced electric vehicle components, LG’s previously announced joint venture with Magna International, a new company called LG Magna e-Powertrain, was officially launched this week.
      The LG Business Solutions Company recorded second-quarter revenues of KRW 1.69 trillion (USD 1.50 billion), a solid increase of 28.9 percent from a year ago largely driven by continued strong demand for PCs, monitors and gradual recovery of digital signage and hotel TVs. However, operating profit declined to KRW 61.70 billion (USD 55.01 million) because of higher price of key components such as LCD panels and solar wafers. Second-half plans for profitable growth hinge on continued B2B market recovery, coupled with stabilizing supply of major components and actively reducing costs.
      2021 2Q Exchange Rates Explained
      LG Electronics’ unaudited quarterly earnings results are based on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) for the three-month period ending June 30, 2021. Amounts in Korean won (KRW) are translated into U.S. dollars (USD) at the average rate of the three-month period of the corresponding quarter — KRW 1,121.58 per USD.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on July 29, 2021 at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants are instructed to pre-register online to receive a private PIN, dial +82 31 810 3130, enter passcode 6418# and then the PIN. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics  before the call.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA