Quantcast

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, td47 said:

@Ishan Kurnal What is your LG TV mdel? Does it definately support HDR?  In the meantime, I spotted this info (I assume your  region is India, as you mention Hotstar):

Disney+ Hostar 4K streaming is available on Togo only, as of writing the article [5th August 2020].
The 4K movies are playing in 4K and HDR but not Dolby Vision.
It has 5.1 surround sound and not Dolby Atmos. See:

link hidden, please login to view

I have LG Oled CX, Of course it supports HDR/Dolby Vision. And there are few more titles available in 4K in Disney+Hotstar. I have an android TV too and it's Disney+Hotstar is updated with 4K support. Why the update of Disney+Hotstar is not coming in WebOS. I clearly stated that it was last updated on 3.4.2020. In India only WebOS' Disney+Hotstar is not updated, all other platforms like Android TV, Apple TV is streaming 4K in Disney+Hotstar and they are getting regular updates. It's not about my LG TV only, it's about the whole country!

@Ishan Kurnal What is your LG TV mdel? Does it definately support HDR?  In the meantime, I spotted this info (I assume your  region is India, as you mention Hotstar):

Disney+ Hostar 4K streaming is available on Togo only, as of writing the article [5th August 2020].
The 4K movies are playing in 4K and HDR but not Dolby Vision.
It has 5.1 surround sound and not Dolby Atmos. See:

link hidden, please login to view

@Ishan Kurnal I understand your frustration, and I DO realise it is not just YOUR TV! This forum is ONLY a peer-to-peer forum for LG enthusiasts to help  other like-minded owners with problems and technical queries, but it has NO connection with LG, and does NOT have  any power to lobby for changes.

With that in mind, have you contacted LG support in your country, to ask what the issue is about the lack of update to the APPS in question? It may be a contractual issue, or a technical issue, or even a financial one, or a combination of all three!

If they are not forthcoming, try contacting the company that controls the APP (i.e. Disney) in your country, either directly, or via any available Facebook page or group, or their Twitter feed. If still no luck, see if any of the Consumer Associations in your country have had any similar issues/complaints, to see if they can help.

By the way, is the article still correct, in that you need to use the Togo channel still, on the LG TV, to get 4K content?