Quantcast

Odio headphones and LG tv ????

Question

Hi,
My daughter bought me a set of  OdioA70 headphones for Christmas.
They paired perfectly to my MacBook but I cannot get them to pair to the  LG42LF652V TV set. The TV does not recognise them.
Is this because they are just not compatible with the TV and if so can anyone recommend any headphone brands that will pair with the tv ?
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
Brian Lacey 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

@[email protected] Reset the headphones by pressing "+" "-" 2 buttons at the same time for 7 seconds, and restart the headphones by pressing the power on button.
The phones SHOULD stay in pairing mode for a minute or two, so ensure you have the TV Sound settings up to search for Bluetooth devices while this is active. After that, you will have to power them off and on again if you were slow getting into the TV Sound settings to search for devices.
Check if your Headphones user guide mentions pairing mode.

Bear in mind your TV is an older 2016 model, so this might limit the compatibility.  I have seen posts where even LG Bluetooth headphones will not pair with some models. Maybe othere on here have experience of these. I do not use them I am afraid.

1 hour ago, td47 said:

@[email protected] Reset the headphones by pressing "+" "-" 2 buttons at the same time for 7 seconds, and restart the headphones by pressing the power on button.
The phones SHOULD stay in pairing mode for a minute or two, so ensure you have the TV Sound settings up to search for Bluetooth devices while this is active. After that, you will have to power them off and on again if you were slow getting into the TV Sound settings to search for devices.
Check if your Headphones user guide mentions pairing mode.

Bear in mind your TV is an older 2016 model, so this might limit the compatibility.  I have seen posts where even LG Bluetooth headphones will not pair with some models. Maybe othere on here have experience of these. I do not use them I am afraid.

Many thanks for the suggestion. Tried it but no change. I think the TV is one of those where it has to be a LG headphone set to make the connection.

Cheers

Brian.

On 1/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, [email protected] said:

Many thanks for the suggestion. Tried it but no change. I think the TV is one of those where it has to be a LG headphone set to make the connection.

Cheers

Brian.

Hi @[email protected]

I think you model is from 2015 and running webOS 2.0 (unless there was an upgrade to v3) and support for Bluetooth was probably not that brilliant at the time.

There is a firmware upgrade listed from May 2020 you could look at:

link hidden, please login to view