Quantcast

Auto connect bluetooth peripheral to LG UN 73 issue

Purchased LG UN 73 UHD model.

Able to pair bluetooth peripheral to LG TV.  LG TV won't reconnect bluetooth peripheral automatically. The user needs to click bluetooth peripheral on LG TV.

This is basic features, all smartphone are supposed auto connect bluetooth peripheral. 

Contacted LG TV customer support, they does not have information for my issues

@Vijay Kumbhani You have not posted what the "peripheral" actually is. If it is a soundbar, please check that it has the latest firmware. If it is an LG soundbar, of the type mentioned in the LG article below, you might need to update its firmware, as this adds better security to the pairing process anyway, and MIGHT fix the issue if it is one of those.

Actually, I have seen a post that says that ONLY LG sound-bars will autoconnect!! Check this anyway:

link hidden, please login to view

If not,go to the manufacturers support site for the peripheral in question, and check it has the latest firmware.  I am assuming that your LG TV has the latest WebOS and firmware?

Edited by td47
typo

@Vijay Kumbhani Is that Sony device the Sony SA-D40 4.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker System? If so, it shows it connecting to the TV via the Headphone socket on the TV to the Sony, via the supplied Stereo Mini-Plug lead (to the input socket above the power socket).  On some LG (and other) TV models, you have to go to the sound settings, and tell the TV to ONLY use the headphone out jack, but on others it is automatic (i.e. there is a contact inside the jack that detects that a "device" (phones or an amp) is connected, do disables the internal TV speakers).