Quantcast

KNX / Rasberry Pi / Arduino control of LG WebOS TV

RichardD

Dear Forum members,

Sorry for a basic Q about KNX / Rasberry Pi  / Arduino control of LG WebOS TV

As part of a KNX  automated home , when a security camera issues an alert, I need to have the WebOS TV  pop up a security camera source (HDMI 2) over an over existing source (HDMI/Netflix).    This happens with no human interaction.

I would prefer a KNX device to do this, but don't know if one exists.    If a KNX device does not exist, then I think I will need a Rasberry Pi to load WebOS and manage the logic to select the source.

Does anyone know of a KNX device that will do this?   If not, then are there existing products (not KNX) that might do what I need or do I need to build it from scratch?

Any other comments welcome.

Thank you for your help.

Rich

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Harald Dunkel
      According to the specs my OLED55BX9LB is supposed to run webos 5.0, but the firmware update claims 04.40.15 is the most recent version. How comes?

• By Paul Griffith
      When I try to go to a TV programme via the remote control voice option, the TV tries to look up the channel on the app I'm on, instead of going straight to the TV channel on the antenna. This used to work without any problems up until a couple of days ago. Any help appreciated.
    • By Costin Angelescu
      Good afternoon,
      I have a 49UB850V-ZD smart TV and has the issues below. Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:
      1. Can't reset using meniu. I can access the meniu, I inserted pin 0000 and if I try to click Confirm it just flashes the button with no success. If I click Cancel then the meniu closes
      2. The Live TV channels are not working. There is no issue with the provider. It just not plays any channel
      3. If I connect the usb or hard-disk driver to play some movies I can navigate thru folder but I can t play any
      4. When I connect to Netflix or youtube I can navigate but if i try to play it does not load.
      5. The remote TV does not work anymore -> Only the Power Off/On button
      6. I have a magic remote TV for LG and works to navigate with the indicator
      7. The button of the TV (under the TV led) works only to open the TV -> the menu does not work anymore
      8. In the advanced menu, the Channel settings is not active among other options that are disabled. 
      9. When I try to access the LG STORE it says: loading unsuccessful (82) because the hour of the TV is not the correct one. I tryed to change time to something different and also changed location and removed the location. This change did not had any effect 
      What do you think? What do I need to do?

• By jquerijero
      The new WebOS Home makes the TV feels more gadget-ty or app-y while the old home feels more like an appliance. Is there a way to get back to the old home view?