After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.
I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
I tried to use (with no success):
- Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
- Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
- VLC UPnP feature - same as above
What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch iPlayer without an issue.
Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps work without any buffering or locking.
Interested to hear your thoughts....
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
a. Either builtin support.
b. Via webOS app.
The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".
Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.
Similar Tagged Content
why isn’t there All4 (Channel4) app not available on webos in Ireland, it is available on my Samsung Blu-ray player here in Ireland.
I would prefer it on the tv.
Whats the story, can it be made available, unless I can but don’t know how?
Looking forward to hearing back from you.