Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

TyneBridges

SmartShare primitive interface

Question

I'm sharing photos from a Windows PC to my TV (8600PLA) and am able to see the folders and contents on the TV screen. However, I'm astonished by how primitive the interface seems to be - akin to PC apps maybe 20 years ago. There seems to be no way to simply select a folder and then view the images with in it. No "Select all" - really? It's not unusual for my folders to contain 100 or more images. Am I really expected to select the folder, select VIEW and then tick each image individually, before then going down to press the PLAY button? What if I have guests to whom I want to show the photos - are they supposed to wait while I go through this? This is so laborious that it will probably mean I just don't use the facility. 

If there is a "Select all" option I would be grateful for help finding it. The link on the web site to instructions didn't work and the page https://eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/gb/12005.html (found through a Google search) didn't mention it.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

@TyneBridges As you are using a Windows PC, you might want to consider getting the latest Feature  Update called 20H2 (it is the one following on from Feature Update "2004" that was supposed tot be 2020 Month 04,  but that was late).  I hear good reports that it is a very good update, and also makes the "Project Screen" function work well for many smart TV's, including most LG models that are network connected. You can get to this easily by pressing the WIN + P keys together.

That way you can control the slide-show and other content from the PC/Laptop side, and use better "apps" or real 32-BIT EXE programs to display stuff better.

Edited by td47
Minor clarification

12 hours ago, td47 said:

@TyneBridges As you are using a Windows PC, you might want to consider getting the latest Feature  Update called 20H2 (it is the one following on from Feature Update "2004" that was supposed tot be 2020 Month 04,  but that was late).  I hear good reports that it is a very good update, and also makes the "Project Screen" function work well for many smart TV's, including most LG models that are network connected. You can get to this easily by pressing the WIN + P keys together.

That way you can control the slide-show and other content from the PC/Laptop side, and use better "apps" or real 32-BIT EXE programs to display stuff better.

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether this was a TV or a Windows update but I see it's available in my Windows updates "optional" list, so I'll give it a try.