Red cursor has suddenly disappeared

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@Tony Levy Most of the "magic remotes" use 2 different technologies to support the buttons. Some use regular "IR" (Infra-Red) like standard remotes, while other buttons (like the HOME button, and the

5 answers to this question

@Tony Levy Most of the "magic remotes" use 2 different technologies to support the buttons. Some use regular "IR" (Infra-Red) like standard remotes, while other buttons (like the HOME button, and the ballistic "red cursor") use Bluetooth (like a wireless PC Mouse).

Test that your Bluetooth functionality is working on the TV side by pressing the Home button. If it works OK, and you can select your TV APPS with the left and right, then the Bluetooth side is working, and the issue is likely to be the remote itself, possibly the ballistic motion detector "chip" inside it.

If the Home button does NOT work, check out how to Re-Pair the remote with the TV Bluetooth. Try this if pairing is the issue:

• Like 1

Many thanks much appreciated 

I am beginning to suspect its the actual remote that has become faulty as when I take the power lead out of the plug socket wait 15 seconds and plug back in the red cursor is working however it is not working as it usually does and then this morning after the TV being in standby mode all the the red cursor was not working again. I turned the TV off from the plug socket and when I switched back on the cursor was working.

@Tony Levy That is interesting that a power off makes it work again. When the remote cursor function is failing, does the HOME button still work? Can you also select your different APPS (e.g. YouTube, or Netflix etc)?  If thos are also failing, then the Bluetooth Module in the TV is failing in some way, or drops the "pairing" after the TV goes into standby. Some users are posting that some LG TV models suffer from this little internal combo (Bluetooth & WiFi) module can get too warm, and drops the pairing of the remote. Is there anything under the TV (such as an AV amplifier etc.) that might make the issue worse, with heat rising INTO the TV above it?

Hi Yes home button still works as does Netflix although on Friday night was watching Emily in Paris and it was buffering badly but last night it was fine on Netflix and Amazon prime but cursor was not working. Just turned on my TV and cursor is not working again Home button is working  and Netflix is working.

I have a sonos system in a compartment underneath the TV but that has been there since I put the TV on the unit over 18 months ago, its very strange and very annoying.

Do you think the remote is failing? I have changed the batteries but its made no difference, have just turned thge TV off from the plug waiting 15 seconds plugged back in and turned on and cursor is working again

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By adamrt
      Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
      I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
      Great picture, rubbish TV
    • By News Reporter
      The last year and a half have been the ultimate test of resilience for everyone and HR at LG has been at the forefront of managing these difficult times. Throughout the pandemic, the HR team navigated new ways for employees and management to work as the company has been forced to rethink and adapt to the new environment.
      Here at LG, the health and safety of our employees are our highest priorities. In this regard, we have always led by example such as the time we made the difficult decision to be the first multinational company to , the largest trade show in the industry, at the start of the pandemic as we felt it was the only way of ensuring the safety of our employees, customers and partners.

Since early last year, LG’s HR teams across the globe have been reinforcing business and organization sustainability as well as continuous internal communication and transparency at all levels. It is this close alignment in direction that has allowed HR to act swiftly and provide invaluable support across the organization and to our valued employees since the very beginning.
      To provide the best working environment possible, aligning LG’s HR leaders around the world immediately proved vital, with constantly open and transparent communication making this all possible. To guarantee that our global HR teams were on the same page, we created specific communication channels to deliver video presentations on the direction of our global HR strategy as well as employing more frequent virtual face-to-face discussions with HR leaders from around the globe.

As well as taking care of employees’ physical health, LG made an equal effort to support their psychological and mental health. In India, one of the countries hit particularly hard, we went above and beyond to support the physical and mental health of our staff. First step was to implement a Happy Calling system which involved our HR staff calling each employee every four to five days to check on their well-being and ensure that they and their families are safe and well looked after. This system allowed us to help employees from the privacy of their homes by accepting all questions and requests confidentially.

For global employees working from home, we wanted them to stay connected and collaborate as a team. To foster this, we hosted various online group activities including remote yoga classes, virtual lunches, happy hours and online cooking lessons for the whole family. We implemented various new programs because of our firm belief in the importance of human connections among employees. We have faith that these activities help our employees take on one of the most difficult times in modern history.
      Our health and well-being initiatives are not entirely new as we have been carrying out such activities for some time. These activities were already in place to cultivate growth among employees all around the world, regardless of their location. As a purpose- and principle-oriented company, LG’s people management philosophy pursues personal and professional growth in every single aspect, including health and well-being.

As the global head of HR at LG, my focus has always been on supporting LG Electronics and its talented workers and preparing them for the future by transforming the way we work together, nurturing the talent and capabilities of our people so that we may succeed and grow together in a fast, innovative and highly competitive market.
      The pandemic showed us the importance of this goal in all its clarity.
      By Carlos Olave, LG Global HR Leader
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Guy Paskar
      Hello,

I have followed the guide on 
      link hidden, please login to view and it worked well on the first time. after a while I could not connect to the TV anymore. I have deleted the TV from the device list and tried again and got "ares-novacom ERR! ares-novacom: Error: Failed to get ssh private key" I reset the TV to original settings and tried again and still getting the same message. 
      TV is connected via wifi keyserver is on dev mode is on.
      I tried via cli, IDE and beanviser and nothing is working.
      Please help me out here.
    • By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By fillysun
      Summer Day is coming!! Currently DRmare Software is holding a party to give free gift to all users. Just join and get a free and cool summer gift there. By the way, you can get larger discount in DRmare to buy the tool you want. For more details, please visit: 
      link hidden, please login to view