Quantcast

Red cursor has suddenly disappeared

Tony Levy

Question

I have an LGOLED55C8 TV and this afternoon I turned the TV on but the red cursor has disappeared I have tried all the recommendations but cannot get the red cursor to come back on. My LG Magic remote is model number MR18BA

Does anybody know what to do to restore the cursor please

Thanks

6 answers to this question

@Tony Levy Most of the "magic remotes" use 2 different technologies to support the buttons. Some use regular "IR" (Infra-Red) like standard remotes, while other buttons (like the HOME button, and the ballistic "red cursor") use Bluetooth (like a wireless PC Mouse).

Test that your Bluetooth functionality is working on the TV side by pressing the Home button. If it works OK, and you can select your TV APPS with the left and right, then the Bluetooth side is working, and the issue is likely to be the remote itself, possibly the ballistic motion detector "chip" inside it.

If the Home button does NOT work, check out how to Re-Pair the remote with the TV Bluetooth. Try this if pairing is the issue:

• Like 1

Many thanks much appreciated 

I am beginning to suspect its the actual remote that has become faulty as when I take the power lead out of the plug socket wait 15 seconds and plug back in the red cursor is working however it is not working as it usually does and then this morning after the TV being in standby mode all the the red cursor was not working again. I turned the TV off from the plug socket and when I switched back on the cursor was working.

@Tony Levy That is interesting that a power off makes it work again. When the remote cursor function is failing, does the HOME button still work? Can you also select your different APPS (e.g. YouTube, or Netflix etc)?  If thos are also failing, then the Bluetooth Module in the TV is failing in some way, or drops the "pairing" after the TV goes into standby. Some users are posting that some LG TV models suffer from this little internal combo (Bluetooth & WiFi) module can get too warm, and drops the pairing of the remote. Is there anything under the TV (such as an AV amplifier etc.) that might make the issue worse, with heat rising INTO the TV above it?

Hi Yes home button still works as does Netflix although on Friday night was watching Emily in Paris and it was buffering badly but last night it was fine on Netflix and Amazon prime but cursor was not working. Just turned on my TV and cursor is not working again Home button is working  and Netflix is working.

I have a sonos system in a compartment underneath the TV but that has been there since I put the TV on the unit over 18 months ago, its very strange and very annoying.

Do you think the remote is failing? I have changed the batteries but its made no difference, have just turned thge TV off from the plug waiting 15 seconds plugged back in and turned on and cursor is working again