Red cursor has suddenly disappeared

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@Tony Levy Most of the "magic remotes" use 2 different technologies to support the buttons. Some use regular "IR" (Infra-Red) like standard remotes, while other buttons (like the HOME button, and the

5 answers to this question

@Tony Levy Most of the "magic remotes" use 2 different technologies to support the buttons. Some use regular "IR" (Infra-Red) like standard remotes, while other buttons (like the HOME button, and the ballistic "red cursor") use Bluetooth (like a wireless PC Mouse).

Test that your Bluetooth functionality is working on the TV side by pressing the Home button. If it works OK, and you can select your TV APPS with the left and right, then the Bluetooth side is working, and the issue is likely to be the remote itself, possibly the ballistic motion detector "chip" inside it.

If the Home button does NOT work, check out how to Re-Pair the remote with the TV Bluetooth. Try this if pairing is the issue:

• Like 1

Many thanks much appreciated 

I am beginning to suspect its the actual remote that has become faulty as when I take the power lead out of the plug socket wait 15 seconds and plug back in the red cursor is working however it is not working as it usually does and then this morning after the TV being in standby mode all the the red cursor was not working again. I turned the TV off from the plug socket and when I switched back on the cursor was working.

@Tony Levy That is interesting that a power off makes it work again. When the remote cursor function is failing, does the HOME button still work? Can you also select your different APPS (e.g. YouTube, or Netflix etc)?  If thos are also failing, then the Bluetooth Module in the TV is failing in some way, or drops the "pairing" after the TV goes into standby. Some users are posting that some LG TV models suffer from this little internal combo (Bluetooth & WiFi) module can get too warm, and drops the pairing of the remote. Is there anything under the TV (such as an AV amplifier etc.) that might make the issue worse, with heat rising INTO the TV above it?

Hi Yes home button still works as does Netflix although on Friday night was watching Emily in Paris and it was buffering badly but last night it was fine on Netflix and Amazon prime but cursor was not working. Just turned on my TV and cursor is not working again Home button is working  and Netflix is working.

I have a sonos system in a compartment underneath the TV but that has been there since I put the TV on the unit over 18 months ago, its very strange and very annoying.

Do you think the remote is failing? I have changed the batteries but its made no difference, have just turned thge TV off from the plug waiting 15 seconds plugged back in and turned on and cursor is working again

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tom M
      Today I switched to WOW internet service and dropped ATT and DirectTV.  I purchased Sling, but now can't add it to my LG TV because there is no option that I can find to add an APP like Sling.  There is no LG Content Store.  What do I do?
    • By News Reporter
      Recognized Again for Excellence in Product Design by Industry Experts

SEOUL, Apr. 14, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) has once again been recognized for its strength in consumer and industrial design, earning an impressive 31 product design accolades at this year’s Red Dot Award, one of the design industry’s top honors. Introduced at CES 2021, LG’s designer appliances was honored with 5 awards which includes InstaView® Door-in-Door® refrigerator, Fridge and Freezer pair, CordZero stick vacuum, air conditioner and Styler.
      Among the most meaningful is the honor bestowed upon LG designer appliances in the Materials and Surfaces category for their implementation of color, material and finish (CMF). Introduced as a bold reimagining of conventional appliances, LG’s designer appliances is a melding of technologically advanced home appliances with premium materials that can be customized to meet the specifications of each customer. Materials such as stainless steel, glass, metal and FENIX – an innovative material with advanced coating technology developed by Arpa Industriale – are utilized to illuminate the refinement of each product in the collection.
      Other honors include recognition for LG WashTower, a single-unit, vertical laundry solution that frees up more floor space while handling ultra-large loads, for exceptional design. Beyond home appliances, a number of LG’s computer products such as UltraGear gaming monitor and LG gram were commended for their advanced, sleek designs that exemplified the products’ core values.
      The Red Dot Design Award is one of the three most prestigious professional design competitions in the world and the distinctive mark has become established internationally as one of the most sought-after seals of quality for exceptional design. This year some 7,800 products were submitted for the jury’s consideration.
      “As a brand that strives to deliver quality products with exceptional design, it is always a great honor to receive recognition from Red Dot,” Lee Chul-bae, head of LG Electronics’ Corporate Design Management Center. “LG is devoted to meeting consumers’ desire to enhance the quality of space with high-quality products that also look good and we will continue to pursue innovative designs that deliver on these expectations.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By dennik
      I have a problem updating or installing amazon prime video app. When hitting the update button (after several factory resets) it simply says "Application has not been installed. Try again" after it stops.
      This possibly happened due to a cancelled update a week ago.
      Any ideas how to fix this? Factory reset doesn't work. App won't run without update, and update won't run.

• By michail71
      I just routed an HDMI cable to my PC that is in a different room.  Now I'm thinking it would be great if I could use the remote on the PC.  Does such a thing exist?  I didn't find anything when searching. 
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert