Quantcast

other .apk file installation

Kunal Mali

Question

1 answer to this question

@Kunal Mali Unless you are a registered developer, and you have an LG TV set up in developer mode, you cannot add any .APK you want to your TV.

LG controls WHAT is allowed on THIER LG Store APP for any given location/country.  Copyright and program availability (and functionality) varies widely from country to country.

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By odesanmi kolade
      I have been trying to downloading Aptoide TV on my LG smart Tv but keep showing File downloading not supported.. My goal is how I can get zoom conference app running on my Smart Tv. Please help!!! 
    • By Darshan Giri
      I was unable to install the remote control app(on TV) after bundling with Sandstorm webdriver code. Getting below error. ares-install ERR! [com.webos.appInstallService failure]: luna-send command failed <update manifest file failed>
    • By PoeyYong Wong
      I would like to play MP4 video file from my NAS, is this possible from LG Smart TV? I tried on the TV and did not see how I could do this, I also did not see any App that could help me in this area.

My LG TV is connected to my home network so has direct access to my NAS.
    • By James Simpson
      When will ITVX be available? Why isn't it available already? Is this another item that LG doesn't mention in its documentation (isn't that false advertising)?
      Why aren't VPNs (or at least one) available? That's definitely false advertising. How is an ex-pat supposed to use an LG (stupid) TV? Can I have my purchase price back so that I can buy a real smart TV?
      Why can't I download any app I want?