Quantcast

WiFi not connecting. No available networks is showing.

• 1 month later...

@Spinderella Do you have other devices in the house working OK via Wifi, and do the settings on those show the correct SSID name?  Have you rebooted your router, if not do that and retry. If still no luck, try unplugging the TV from the wall socket (or removing the plug from the back if it has th eunpluggable sort and is easier). Leave it OFF for 5 minutes or so, then turn it back on, and retry.

If your router is not too far from the TV, try using a LAN cable from the router, and plug it into the Ethernet Lan connection socket, try again.

In the room where the TV is, do you actually see the WiFi signal strength/activity Bars Icon on your mobile phone?

4 hours ago, Ajay Pandey said:

Go to settings - general settings -set to initial settings .  Confirm .

This will set to factory rest. 

This should help i hope.

this hasn't worked for me. Ive had on and off troubles for quite a while now, have contacted LG sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, today having no luck at all, extremely frustrating, paid almost 4k for this tv and other that this it's perfect, what would my options be anyone know?

@Darlz 

Do you have other devices in the house working OK via Wifi, and do the settings on those show the correct SSID name?  Have you rebooted your router, if not do that and retry. If still no luck, try unplugging the TV from the wall socket (or removing the plug from the back if it has the unpluggable sort and is easier). Leave it OFF for 5 minutes or so, then turn it back on, and retry.

If your router is not too far from the TV, try using a LAN cable from the router, and plug it into the Ethernet LAN connection socket, try again. If you DO want to troubleshoot the WiFi more, see below:

In the room where the TV is, do you actually see the WiFi signal strength/activity Bars Icon on your mobile phone (NOT the phone tower strength steps)? Bear in mind that modern routers  use a 2.4GB band AND a 5GB band (NOTHING to do with 5G phones by the way). However, the 5GB band being a higher frequency means  that the  signal strength & quality drops off quickly the further your device (TV in your case) is from the router.  SO: Does your phone (when used in the same room as the TV), show a GOOD signal on the WiFi bars when using the SAME WiFi that the TV is trying to use?  The SSID names SHOULD be different to enable you to see which is which, but is it not always the case. What is the make and model of your router?  Are you able to go into the Network Settings for your TV WiFi, and see if you can connect more stable on the 2.4GB band SSID? I know it will be limited to 150GBPS or 300GBPS, but still faster than 100GBP LAN speeds.

If still unstable, and your TV is under warrantee, get the WiFi module inside it replaced (most of them are little WiFi/Blutooth Combo cards, plug-in replacements). The Bluetooth part is to support half of the Magic remote buttons/functions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Meejahor said:

Just a quick post to let you know that the same thing has happened to my LG TV after the recent update. WiFi doesn't work at all. In network settings WiFi is disabled, and when I try to enable it the TV freezes.

I had the same issue in my 4k lg tv. Now it works flawlessly. It is unbelievable  but the solution is to open the tv and extend the flat ribbon cable that goes from the mainboard to the wifi card. This cable comes bended multiple times from factory. You just have to unroll it and route it with gentle and big bending radius. It is basic theory of transmission lines. At high freq. you shouldn’t roll the cable with small bending radius. I was desperate and did it as a last resort. The internet connexion now works without buffering stops. Good luck!

• Like 1

@Jose Carlos Marti Hi, I am sure you are correct regarding the theory, and high frequencies, HOWEVER, I think most of the posters wit this issue are finding that the WiFi module was working FINE for a while from new, and then gradually gets worse, or fails after a software update.  I assume that to take the folds out of the cable, you have to disconnect it, then plug it back in. That will have the effect of cleaning the plug and socket contacts, and there are some technical posts on other forums that state that the connection plug/socket can get dust ingress, and contact resistance build-up. Removing and plugging back in will "wipe" the contacts clean and restore the connections to a working state in many cases (from what I read elsewhere).

Edited by td47
typo
  • Confused 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bens
      Bonjour
      J'ai un problème avec le bouton activer/ désactiver le WiFi. Je mets bien le curseur de la télécommande dessus, je clique avec la roulette de la télécommande mais il ne se passe rien.
      Quelqu'un pour m' aider? 
      Merci
    • By Wiliam
      Having a LG OLED65CX6LA 2 FROM 2021 / software version is 04.41.45
      Living in Switzerland as a English expat 
      BBC IPLAYER IS NOT PRESENT IN APP STORE 
      Please advise or help. Thx 
    • By News Reporter
      The ‘Doi Moi’ generation,* known for their social media savvy and drive for upward mobility, exerts a considerable influence on Vietnam’s fast-growing economy. Recognizing the importance of connecting with this demographic, LG has opened the dynamic ‘Another Saigon’ brand experience space in the heart of bustling Ho Chi Minh City.

At Another Saigon, visitors are immersed in four distinct areas that offer a comprehensive experience of the LG brand and its newest products, featuring leading technologies and reflecting the latest lifestyle trends. Moreover, the space showcases charming miniatures of displayed appliances and provides a seamless purchasing experience through QR codes, transforming the customer journey from brand exploration to product acquisition.
      The exhibition space is thoughtfully divided into four sections: Hello, LG zone, which underscores LG’s commitment to ESG principles for a Better Life for All; The Curation of Good Life zone, which focuses on Objet Collection appliances and spatial/interior design integration; The Solution of Good Life zone, which seamlessly connects visitors to the online brand shop via product miniatures and QR codes, and introduces the stories of LG’s Core Techs and The Joy of Good Life zone, where LG’s MoodUP refrigerators with color-changing door panels (controllable via the ThinQ app) are artfully displayed.

Located on the ground floor of Another Saigon, Hello, LG zone highlights some of the many activities and initiatives LG undertakes globally to foster a sustainable future. This zone also introduces lifestyle solutions such as the LG PuriCare AeroFurniture, Styler ShoeCare and Styler ShoeCase, all featuring components made from environmentally friendly recycled plastics. Visitors can also explore the innovative LG Styler clothing care solution, which gently refreshes garments without the use of chemical-based detergents.

On the first floor, The Curation of Good Life zone serves as a showcase for LG’s premium home appliance lineups like the stellar Objet Collection – including exciting, new products that are yet to be released. Meanwhile, The Solution of Good Life zone on the third floor not only showcases the InstaView refrigerator and WashTower washer and dryer but also provides insight into LG’s Core Techs for home appliances, such as durable and efficient compressors and motors used in the company’s washers, dryers and air conditioners.

In The Joy of Good Life zone, guests are treated to a visually stunning experience combining immersive videos of natural landscapes and the many different hues of LG’s refrigerator with MoodUP. The refrigerators’ advanced LED door panels switch colors in sync with LED displays installed around the zone, illuminating the space with a delightful dance of inspiring color. Visitors are encouraged to capture the vibrant display and upload images and videos to share their experiences on social media.
      Additionally, Another Saigon reveals LG’s commitment to collaborating with local enterprises to realize a more sustainable future for Vietnam. Courtesy of upcycling design group Dong Dong, visitors can take home an upcycled laundry bag in one of the sophisticated colors from the Objet Collection. What’s more, they can enjoy beverages from Cacao Land, a Vietnamese chain specializing in fair-trade cocoa drinks, and try out exciting video games from VNG Games, Vietnam’s leading game distributor.
      Back in South Korea, where the company is headquartered, LG has opened a series of ‘Another Life’ offline experience spaces to offer a welcoming atmosphere while providing customers with exclusive opportunities to interact with and learn about LG’s lifestyle-enhancing products. The first to open was the ‘Another Kitchen’ experience space in 2022, dedicated to the company’s smart, stylish and efficient kitchen appliances. Next came ‘Another Vibe,’ a space focusing on community revitalization in the nation’s lively and always-evolving capital city, Seoul. Last year, the ‘Another House’ experience space was set up to help reinvigorate the local economy by breathing new life into abandoned houses, while ‘Another Style’ highlights the LG Styler as well as the importance of minimizing environmental impact.

Delivering a differentiated brand experience, Another Saigon is enabling LG to form new connections with Vietnam’s young generations. Notably, 86 percent of visitors to the space have been in their 20s and 30s, with the vast majority expressing positive feedback about the energetic and enriching environment LG has brought to Ho Chi Minh City.
      Through establishing creative, interactive spaces like Another Saigon, LG continues to engage and connect with young consumers around the world, introducing them to a smarter way of living and sharing its firmly-held belief in a Better Life for All.
      # # #
      * Vietnamese citizens born after Vietnam launched its ‘Doi Moi’ economic reforms in 1986.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Low Grade
      i thought of using my handphone to act as a remote control for the TV.............but it will only work with WiFi ??!!

i had BlueTooth still turned on..............TV is using LAN connection only.........and the phone can no longer control the TV (the phone can control the TV with WiFi on)............is this normal ?? 

many thanks in advance............
    • By Abdullah Salameh
      My LG SJ850V stopped finding any wifi network about a week ago. The software version is 6.10.30. I don't know the reason this could happen, as it was working perfectly fine a week ago.