Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Spinderella

WiFi not connecting. No available networks is showing.

Hii can someone help me please. My wifi is not connecting on  my LG webos TV LJ5500 smart tv. I cannot even screen share either. Neither with miracast or wifi direct. .any suggestions pls

@Spinderella Do you have other devices in the house working OK via Wifi, and do the settings on those show the correct SSID name?  Have you rebooted your router, if not do that and retry. If still no luck, try unplugging the TV from the wall socket (or removing the plug from the back if it has th eunpluggable sort and is easier). Leave it OFF for 5 minutes or so, then turn it back on, and retry.

If your router is not too far from the TV, try using a LAN cable from the router, and plug it into the Ethernet Lan connection socket, try again.

In the room where the TV is, do you actually see the WiFi signal strength/activity Bars Icon on your mobile phone?

4 hours ago, Ajay Pandey said:

Go to settings - general settings -set to initial settings .  Confirm .

This will set to factory rest. 

This should help i hope.

this hasn't worked for me. Ive had on and off troubles for quite a while now, have contacted LG sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, today having no luck at all, extremely frustrating, paid almost 4k for this tv and other that this it's perfect, what would my options be anyone know?

@Darlz 

Do you have other devices in the house working OK via Wifi, and do the settings on those show the correct SSID name?  Have you rebooted your router, if not do that and retry. If still no luck, try unplugging the TV from the wall socket (or removing the plug from the back if it has the unpluggable sort and is easier). Leave it OFF for 5 minutes or so, then turn it back on, and retry.

If your router is not too far from the TV, try using a LAN cable from the router, and plug it into the Ethernet LAN connection socket, try again. If you DO want to troubleshoot the WiFi more, see below:

In the room where the TV is, do you actually see the WiFi signal strength/activity Bars Icon on your mobile phone (NOT the phone tower strength steps)? Bear in mind that modern routers  use a 2.4GB band AND a 5GB band (NOTHING to do with 5G phones by the way). However, the 5GB band being a higher frequency means  that the  signal strength & quality drops off quickly the further your device (TV in your case) is from the router.  SO: Does your phone (when used in the same room as the TV), show a GOOD signal on the WiFi bars when using the SAME WiFi that the TV is trying to use?  The SSID names SHOULD be different to enable you to see which is which, but is it not always the case. What is the make and model of your router?  Are you able to go into the Network Settings for your TV WiFi, and see if you can connect more stable on the 2.4GB band SSID? I know it will be limited to 150GBPS or 300GBPS, but still faster than 100GBP LAN speeds.

If still unstable, and your TV is under warrantee, get the WiFi module inside it replaced (most of them are little WiFi/Blutooth Combo cards, plug-in replacements). The Bluetooth part is to support half of the Magic remote buttons/functions.