Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

nMaib0

43UK6750PLD - How can I switch between Antenna and SAT?

Question

I think I am going to return this TV. Not only is it hard to switch between these because they are not separated in the input section. The satellite channels, even the open ones are all locked. I don't get what the deal is with this TV, why is everything so wrong?

1 answer to this question

@nMaib0 I don't get FREESAT in my country, but I did see some info on another forum:

"TV has Freeview HD it will work on Saorview in ROI [or all the FREEVIEW+ channels that your UK regions can get] , the Freesat tuner will also only pick up the free to air channels that are authorised in your region."

I saw some advice a user had for setting up che very mixed "channels" that can come in from either tuner, maybe in odd orders.

Have a read of this first, to set up "Quick Access", if you have not already:

link hidden, please login to view

NOTE: this users input was for an ROI location, NOT UK, so treat this as examples only, and change details to suit your location and channel availability, and your local requirements:

"I set tv up as location Northern Ireland ->
Saorview now became Freeview but channels were not in order however it was easy to rearrange these channels as only a few
The EPG was fine
The FTA satellite channels were now in a decent order ie similar to SKY (bbc at start, gambling etc at the end)
The EPG took longer to load and also needed an extra click or two on the menu to choose the program. 
 As mentioned by David from Richer Sounds the two sets of channels are separate.
Easiest way I could find for the elder person to navigate between one and the other was below

If your LG tv is running Webos 3.5 (e.g. a recent model 2017 onwards ) you can set Quick Access favourites onto buttons 1 to 9 on the remote. Set RTE1 [or your main favourite channel] onto button 1 and BBC 1 in button 2 etc. 

Now a long-press on 1 brings you to RTE1 (and the saorview/freeview epg) and a long press on 2 brings you to BBC1 and the Freesat epg. If you have the magic remote with voice command you can also say "change channel to BBC1 " etc and you will switch between epgs. Google "webOS-3-5-quick-access" for instructions"

Edited by td47
Typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.