Hello! I‘m a guy from Germany who bought his first time ever LG TV, the OLED55G19LA. Coming from a Samsung UE49KS7090 I actually expected the LG to be as good as the Samsung in regards of user interface and handling, but it‘s way worse. Well, gotta live with that. But since using it for about two weeks now, I noticed a few things. Since in my job I‘m a software tester (not for TVs, but software for users is software for users), I think I kinda have an eye for things and how they are supposed to be or not.
Since there is only a wishlist forum and no „report your bugs here“ forum, I‘ll post my bugs directly here in hope some developer will record them on the bug tracking list.
1. Bug: Timers. When gaming on my PS5, the TV suddenly came up with ‚will switching off in 5 minutes‘. So I deactivated that timer which was on by default (why??), just to see the same message appearing again after another 4 hours (yes, on weekends gaming sessions can be long). I think this is a typical software developer flaw. The running timer isn‘t canceled when switching that option off.
2. Bug: Youtube app. When playing videos from a playlist with auto-play activated and commercials come in the middle of a video, after using the „Skip ad“ button it would randomly jump to another video, which isn‘t on the playlist. This only happens when I connect from within thr Youtube app on my iPad to my TV, select videos on the iPad which would put them onto the playlist of the TV. The TV would start playing, a commercial come and zing!, you‘re out of your currently watched video.
3. Unwanted behavior: when starting the TV, it would also wake my NAS. This isn‘t necessary. It should only wake it when I open the media player app.
4. Missing option „Start where you left off last time“: when shutting down the TV while Youtube or Netflix are running, I‘d expect it to come up again the same way. But this only happens randomly or not at all.
5. Bug: HDMI CEC. My A/V receiver is on the HDMI(ARC) port. The LG deteced it as Denon Sound Bar (how??). Switching it on together with the TV only sometimes works. Switching it off doesn‘t work at all. What works nicely is loudness control.
6. Bug: Audio interrupts. When playing a video in the media player, streaming Netflix or gaming on PS5, which is directly connected to the TV, the audio stream via ARC would randomly be interrupted for about one second while the video continues neatlessly. I never had such with the Samsung TV. Totally new and extremely annoying bug.
7. Controversial topic: DTS audio. I learned that LG doesn‘t decode DTS in files played from the media player. But passing it through is not decoding and I don‘t think that LG would need a DTS licence to just pass it through. Of course the question would be „Why not even passing it through?“. The Samsung I used before could do that. Well, this one’s five years old and I know that current models also don‘t support DTS anymore, but perhaps they pass it through.
By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
Hey there, I have had a OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but
I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.
I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.
anyone know how to fix?
By News Reporter
Becoming more sustainable means a commitment to using fewer resources, creating less waste, and doing everything possible to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. LG Electronics embraces this challenge and continues to take steps to reduce its environmental impact through an extensive program of ESG management. Along with its ambitious Zero Carbon 2030 initiative and goal to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050, LG offers innovative solutions that can help consumers to live more in balance with nature today.
LG recently had an opportunity to demonstrate its eco-conscious exhibit for its state-of-the art HVAC solutions at Korea Energy Show 2021, South Korea’s largest annual energy exhibition. Instead of wasting new resources on a temporary exhibit, LG used prefabricated shipping containers and adopted recycled materials such as wood waste to create a unique, visually interesting space.
Exhibiting a complete range of highly efficient LG HVAC solutions suitable for homes, offices, schools as well as other indoor environments, the highlight of the exhibit was a new commercial air conditioner made more efficient via an AI engine.
LG’s latest HVAC solutions leverage smart technologies to help create better indoor air quality while simultaneously cutting energy consumption. LG’s ceiling-mounted 1 Way Cassette with comprehensive air purification system cleans, cools and heats the air to keep the home comfortable all year around.
Other LG innovations on exhibit at the show included the LG Energy Storage System (ESS) and Building Energy Control (BECON), a powerful duo that together create a total energy management solution for businesses. Also on display was the LG 4-Way DUAL Vane Cassette which employs UVnano technology and an antibacterial drain pan to enhance the hygiene of the unit and the airflow produced.1
LG showcased its first GHP Hybrid Heat Pump system air conditioner, a cost-effective option for educational and governmental facilities. LG’s hybrid solution combines the advantages of electric- and gas-powered climate control systems to deliver superb performance while reducing the cost of cooling and heating.2
To further minimizing its footprint, LG moved to using recycled materials for the packaging of the outdoor units of its system air conditioners. Instead of using expanded polystyrene in its packaging, LG opted for expanded polypropylene as it offers improved cushioning and protection for its products. LG estimates that switching to reusable expanded polypropylene for all its AC packaging will cut its annual paper usage by 85 tons and polystyrene usage by 19 tons.
After the conclusion of Korea Energy Show 2021, LG donated the exhibition containers to Habitat Korea, the South Korean branch of the global nonprofit Habitat for Humanity. The repurposed containers will be utilized by the organization as a dedicated education center.
As LG’s efficient, eco-responsible HVAC solutions demonstrate, creating a healthy, comfortable indoor environment doesn’t have to come at the expense of sustainability. With innovations that carefully consider the needs of its customers and the well-being of the planet, LG is helping to bring about a
# # #
1 Testing conducted by FITI Testing and Research Institute verified the LG DUAL Vane Cassette resulted in the reduction of 99 percent of Staphylococcus bacteria and colon bacillus.
2 Based on cooling/heating load of 52HP (GHP 32HP and Multi V 20HP) and the proper energy source (electricity or gas), the LG GHP Hybrid Heat Pump can save up to 28 percent of the energy cost (electricity and gas combined) compared to the energy cost of using Multi V alone. Operation cost may vary depending on load conditions, climate and other environmental factors.
link hidden, please login to view
After 05.60.15 update on 55UH650V. The miniguide pops up. But my biggest problem is that . I am using Sonos Playbase for TV Audio. After maybe ½ an hour or a couple of hours audio suddenly gets muted. To solve this i need powercycle the TV. LG please fix this asap.
By john defty
Hi have a lg50up77006lb TV I have a usb stick plugged in when iset a program to record and when watching another program the TV changes channel to the program I am recording and when I change it back to what I was watching it stops recording am I doing anything wrong