Quantcast

Poor Menory

Ken Gendron

Question

I have an older LG (OE) webtv. Maybe 2016-2017 this TV has such little memory  I will be watching something esp HDef and it will just lose it all the sudden. I've been reading and they say install an external hard drive but I don't know which one is compatible does anyone have any idea?

Also I used to get Pandora within the last 2 months it goes on but it doesn't load. I removed the app and reinstalled it and I can't figure it out

2 answers to this question

On 5/3/2020 at 9:12 AM, Ken Gendron said:

I have an older LG (OE) webtv. Maybe 2016-2017 this TV has such little memory  I will be watching something esp HDef and it will just lose it all the sudden. I've been reading and they say install an external hard drive but I don't know which one is compatible does anyone have any idea?

Also I used to get Pandora within the last 2 months it goes on but it doesn't load. I removed the app and reinstalled it and I can't figure it out

On 5/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, Jstpsntym said:

Pandora has just quit working in the last couple weeks on our 60UJ77. No updates were available. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still won’t work.

me too

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Laurent G.
      I have 2 LG OLED : 1 with webos 4 and a recent one C1 with webos 6.
      I can easily compare the 2 tvs. 

im general, I find webos 6 very slow even with a 1Gb fiber when it loads the home page…
      When using the multimedia player with a plex server over  the wired local network , the performance to list the videos is very bad on webos 6. It takes 5 to 10 seconds to display the files whereas it’s almost instantaneous with webos4 on my “old” tv.

is there any way to influence or fix this? 

thanks in advance for your advises and replies

• By Hunter_S
      I have a 55LJ550M (WebOS 3.5) TV, connected to an A/V Receiver via ARC.
      Per the online documentation, when the TV encounters AAC audio, it will transcode that audio to Dolby Digital for transmission over ARC. See:
      link hidden, please login to view However, the sound quality is very poor when this occurs. The sound is full of compression artifacts, and with some older A/V Receivers, this causes the sound to periodically cut-out.
      Some of the WebOS applications affected by this issue are YouTube (which mostly uses AAC audio), any Netflix stereo programming, and using the Music\Photo\Video app to play music or videos with AAC audio. To me, it makes the entire YouTube application unusable.
      Honestly, I'm surprised that WebOS doesn't just output PCM audio over ARC whenever it encounters AAC. This would make more sense, and it would require less processing power and sound much better. (I know that I can set the TV to output everything to PCM over ARC, but I do not want to lose DD 5.1 and DTS sound from other programming which works perfectly).
      Is this behavior a known WebOS 3.5 issue? I know that my unit is a one of the cheaper LG sets--it is possible that this particular set is just too under-powered to function as designed?