Quantcast

LG W8 weird flickering

This just started to happen. it happens on all inputs / apps / live tv / netflix even on picture test.

its random from time to time.

what should i do? i recently updated , could it be because of the update ? should i try to downgrade or just call LG and try to have the unit replaced

not sure why i cant upload the video , but here is a link : 

link hidden, please login to view

• 2 months later...

@lgrowhar I assume your W8 is now on Version 05.10.45? I had an intermittent flicker a while ago on an older (not OLED) LG TV, and it turned out that ONE of my HDMI cables was a low spec one. I changed that out for a known 1.4 spec, and it stopped. If you can ensure yours are 2.0 spec (or even 2.1) at a reasonable price, go for those, as it will "future proof" your connections for a while (especially 2.1)!

Just because you might have an old DVD player connected say, don't think it will be OK to use an older low spec cable to connect it to your higher spec TV inputs, as the clock signals and CEC control lines might affect each other, as some data lines may be on a complex data BUS system in the hardware. Clock slew and jitter may affect the way the CPU and firmware handles the high speed data streams.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PB-
      Hello there,

i am having a very weird and annoying problem with the youtube App.

I am running it with my CX8 55inch Oled Tv updated to firmware 4.5 and since few hours the app refuses to properly functions. It open and it shows videos but it does not show the left menú and therefore all functionalities beside homepage carousel of video. 
      On top of it, when running a longer video it randomsly shows the no network error and ask to "refresh", then it moving down with the arrow you can restart the video roughly 10-15s before you had the crash.

I tried to close the app, remove and reinstall the app, hard reset the TV.
      Nothing worked.
      Only thing left, that is much annoying, is to reset to factory conditions.

Does somebody have any solutions?

Thank you,

picture: 
      link hidden, please login to view 
    • By anotherlguser
      I've just bought a 2021 LG Smart TV, Model 43UP75003LF and I see some vertical shades of white. I tried to disable all filters but the problem is still there. Does it have a manufacturing defect? Should I return it back to the store? I attached a picture.

• By Zvonko Vasiľ
      Hello, I have my LG TV for 4-5 years already and it started flickering out out nowhere, it didn´t fall or anything. I saw other guys having similar issue but they opened the cover and tempered with the mother board or something and I really don´t want to do that. I tried soft reset from settings but it didn´t help. Here is the video 

Do you know, what to do, please?
    • By raspia
      Hello everyone.
      First of all sorry about my english.
      Since my  55´ SM8200PLA was updated to 5.00.02 version, every time I turn on the tv, ´ivi loading´ message appears, then gets into LG Content Store, and then shows ´This content is not available´ and hitting OK, goes back to my HDMI connection as per usual.
      Once the tv is showing programs, if I get into LG Store, everything is normal and works properly.
      How can I get rid of this annoying issue?
      My WebOS version is: 4.9.0-53902 and the running firmware is as mentioned above 5.00.02
      Thanks in advance.
      Regards