Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

1 answer to this question

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to weOS and my LG TV doesn't seem to read via PDF or HTML formatted version.  Can anyone help guide me with the fix instruction?
Thank you so much.
Charlie
As far as I'm aware, there is no native pdf reader on the LG Smart TV WebOs. If the app is not in the LG content store then likely it is not supported.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Communications technology works in devices like smartphones to offer us increased convenience, keeping us connected with friends and family and providing an endless source of entertainment.
      This technology can also be applied to mobility. Like a smartphone, a vehicle is equipped with communications technology that connects it to the internet, enabling passengers to do more on the move through automotive displays that show key information including directions, driving information, nearby restaurants and the news.
      The technology that connects cars to the internet is known as telematics.

A portmanteau of ‘telecommunications’ and ‘informatics’, telematics refers to the use of on-board communications-enabled devices to store, send and receive information. A car collects data from various sources, including mobile networks, Global Positioning System (GPS), Location-based Services (LBS) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), which is then analyzed through telematics to provide the driver with all the info available.
      So, why is telematics so important?
      Core technology for autonomous cars

Autonomous cars must be able to operate without human intervention. With analysts predicting autonomous vehicles to generate as much as 40 terabytes of data every hour,* almost instantaneous communication is essential for self-driving cars to exist in a world that puts safety above everything.

Autonomous cars need to be able to detect all kinds of information using several cameras installed onboard, including data on local traffic, traffic signals, other vehicles and in-cabin conditions. The information is then transmitted to the cloud where it’s analyzed to achieve fully automated driving, a process which is faster and more accurate thanks to telematics.
      Real-time updates for cars

Over-the-air (OTA) automatically updates a car’s software via wireless communications, reducing the need for service center visits for repairs or replacements and meaning new services that weren’t available at purchase can be added later.
      With the modern car constantly evolving, communication with servers containing upgrade data must be seamless so that cars can automatically check for and apply updates and menus as soon as they become available. Telematics ensures this fast and accurate communication without error.
      Connect via the internet

With most of today’s devices having access to the internet, we’ve already experienced how internet connectivity enhances convenience in many ways. In fact, we have come to trust and rely on communications to a point where we almost can’t live without it.
      The same applies to the automotive industry, which is why Wi-Fi-enabled cars are on the rise. From receiving traffic guidance and requesting assistance during emergencies, to tracking the locations of stolen vehicles and sending high-resolution videos, telematics brings various features together to make the driving experience safer, easier and more enjoyable.

As we enter the 5G era, a more diverse and differentiated in-vehicle experience is on its way. However, reliable telematics will be key to ensuring a stable 5G connection as well as the outstanding quality of services like autonomous driving, vehicle-to-everything (V2X) systems and connected cars.
      To prepare for what’s to come, LG Electronics’ Vehicle component Solution (VS) Company has been focused in on the R&D of its telematics for several years. For example,
      link hidden, please login to view in 2015 to develop the Chevrolet Bolt EV’s telematics system, in 2016 to develop and pilot 5G telematics technology and in 2017 to jointly develop next-generation connected car solutions.
      To carry this momentum on, LG will continue to work with global partners to develop the telematics systems offering the most enhanced convenience and safety to millions of drivers the world over.
      # # #
      * https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-17/carmakers-look-to-satellites-for-future-of-self-driving-vehicles

• By lina75
      Can anyone please suggest an app to watch the world cup, i tried  iptvsmarters and paid for it but it isn't working on my lg smart tv
      and i was told about TOD but couldn't find it on the lg store
    • By Ugljesa Merdovic
      I bought a TV with webos 5 system yesterday. Content Store says it is unavailable. I tried changing the location, Internet DNS, factory reset, but nothing. i can't install any app on tv. Can someone help me, any solution?

• By Fausto
      I aIl
      I cannot receive Rai1 4k fifa game,
      The message sayd It Is supported only from version 2.0.1.
      How can I check my installed version?
      I have received Hbbtv Channel until a few days ago 
      Let me know 
      Fausto 

• By News Reporter
      Organizational Moves to Consolidate Company’s Capabilities to Create
      Differentiated Customer Value, Accelerate Future Growth Engines

SEOUL, Nov. 24, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced organizational changes designed to bolster its preparedness for the future. The changes are being implemented primarily to accelerate the company’s future growth engines and enhance its ability to create differentiated customer value and experiences.
      A key piece of LG’s forward-looking strategy is the establishment of the Corporate Customer Experience (CX) Center, which will report directly to LG’s headquarters. The CX Center will be led by executive vice president, Lee Chul-bae, who previously served as head of the Corporate Design Management Center. The main role of the CX Center will be to create a seamless and expanded customer experience. It will also develop strategies and roadmaps to foster greater innovation at every stage of the customer experience journey from product planning and customer service to future business models.
      The CX Center will also encompass the CX Strategy Division, which will be charged with the discovery and promotion of company-wide goals and core tasks, and the LSR Customer Research Center, formerly the Life Soft Research (LSR) Lab.
      LG’s Platform Business Center will play a new role in integrating and organizing LG ThinQ services, responsibilities that were previously distributed across corporate and business headquarters. Established in July 2021, the Platform Business Center has been leading the creation of LG’s fandom based on data. Moving forward, the Center will be headed by LG’s vice president, Jung Ki-hyun, who joined the company in September this year. Jung has had a distinguished career with roles at eBay Korea and Google as well as acting as the CEO of Meta Korea.
      In 2023 and beyond, LG will continue to focus on improving supply chain management (SCM) and augmenting its already-strong Digital Transformation (DX) capabilities. To this end, the company’s Procurement and SCM Management Center has been renamed the Global Operation Center, with the functions and roles of the Production Planning Division transferred from the Production Engineering Research Institute. The Global Operation Center will create synergies across the company’s operations – such as production, purchasing and SCM – through promoting improvements based on DX technologies.
      Aiming to spur further growth through improved organizational performance, LG will strengthen its agile and responsive decision-making system across all four business units.
      Lyu Jae-cheol, head of the Home Appliance & Air Solution (H&A) Company, has been promoted to president in recognition of his success in improving H&A’s performance and product portfolio. An expert in his field, Lyu has worked in various areas of LG’s home appliance business since 1989, including in the R&D and production departments.
      Eun Seok-hyun, head of the Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company, was promoted to vice president. Under his leadership, LG’s vehicle component solutions business has achieved operational stability with an improved profit and loss structure, and has constructed a strong business portfolio encompassing several key future mobility technologies.
      Another of the newly-announced changes, the H&A Company’s “Living Appliance Business’ and “Kitchen Appliance Business” will become the “Living Solution Business” and “Kitchen Solution Business,” respectively. The renaming aligns with LG’s renewed focus on customer experience innovation and points to the greater emphasis the company is placing on the expansion of content and services.
      The Home Entertainment (HE) Company is set to increase its capacity to create customer value by establishing the Indonesia Research and Development Division under the HE R&D Lab Institute to enhance collaboration between overseas R&D and manufacturing bases.
      The VS Company aims to strengthen its capabilities in purchasing, producing and SCM by establishing an operation group that manages the integrated operation of the electric vehicle component business.
      The Business Solutions (BS) Company set up a new EV Charger Business Division directly under the company to accelerate the full-fledged development of EV charging solution business that was launched last year.
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view