LG projector missing content store

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Skype, the Microsoft-owned video calling service, has quietly announced that it will no longer offer an app for smart TVs starting in June. ... Skype's smart TV app will no longer receive updates after June 1, but those who have already downloaded it can continue to use it.Mar 8, 2016

sorry, but Skype is no longer supported by smart TVs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By NikolaZ
      Hi. 
      My 55 UH7707 received an SW update to version  05.50.06.  Here are the issues I have encountered:
      1. The whole user interface became really slow. 
      2. Also, what is most annoying, application updates are not installed, for example, NETFLIX has been impossible to update, being stuck in vicious circle,asking me to update the app, and then not being able to complete the installation of the update. 
      3. Wired connection was disabled, ethernet module was not detecting a cable. I had to do a hard reset to enable the ethernet, and reacquire wired connection to the internet 
    • By JonnyFlores
      It is not understood why this functionality disappeared in WebOS 5 ...
      I have an Oled CX and I don't have this option.
      Why?
    • By News Reporter
      LG Opens Popular Platform and Integrated Content Services to
      Manufacturers to Deliver Better TV Experience to Even More Consumers

SEOUL, Feb. 24, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of its popular webOS TV platform ecosystem to other TV brand partners, disrupting the status quo in an industry known for its proprietary operating systems across different manufacturers. LG is now expanding its expertise beyond TV manufacturing to encompass webOS TV software platform development and adoption by other TV brands. This has the potential to reshape the TV business for both technology and content providers while significantly growing LG’s presence and prominence in the global home entertainment market.
      As an integral component of LG’s preeminent home entertainment ecosystem, webOS has delivered exceptional ease of use for LG TV owners through its intuitive interface design since 2014. Licensees of webOS TV receive the familiar and highly acclaimed UX design along with a rich pool of features such as voice search and control, integrated AI algorithms and easy connectivity that have earned webOS positive industry and consumer accolades. With LG webOS TV, partners also get a diversity of content options including access to global streaming service apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and sports streaming service DAZN as well as LG Channels, the company’s free premium content streaming service.* Compatible TV models also include the dedicated Magic Motion remote controller.
      Over twenty TV manufacturers from around the world have already committed to the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka with more partners expected to join in the future. The webOS ecosystem is supported by technology partners such as Realtek, Nuance, Gracenote, CEVA and Universal Electronics, among many others.
      “The webOS platform is one of the easiest and most convenient way to access millions of hours of movies and TV shows,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “By welcoming other manufacturers to join the webOS TV ecosystem, we are embarking on a new path that allows many new TV owners to experience the same great UX and features that are available on LG TVs. We look forward to bringing these new customers into the incredible world of webOS TV.”
      # # #
      * Content app availability vary by region.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Rolando
      Hello everyone,
      I just got the 50UM7500BSP TV, so i know that the webOS 3.0 and 3.5 has the function of Multi-view, where you can see two entrys of video at the same time spliting the screen.
      So my answer is the webOS 4.5 has that function? because i cant do it on my TV (well know is up to date at webOS 4.7). I ask to the LG support and they told me that yes it has it, but i cant find it, i dont know if its a app now or what.
      Please help me, i need this function.
    • By ANAND YADUVANSHI
      Dear LG team, 
      Need some more app on LG store in India, due to lake of this many application are not used on Tv so that customer moved on crome cast or Net DTH box.
      we want app on store like MX player,  Sony Liv,  Jio Tv , Jio Cinema, Voot.
      and also pls provide update of Zee5. Net speed is perfect but zee5 streaming with buffering so we cannot enjoy buffer free movie or program .

Thanks
      Anand

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Oskar Farbaniec
      Hello,
      I would like to know, if there are any cloud gaming services currently available on lg Web os? Like Google stadia, geforce now or Xbox game pass ?
    • By Mofa
      Hi there,. 
      It is now clear that any  OS, except android and apple,  suffers from low number of apps. 
      It is a shame to struggle with a 'named smart tv' to run a Web site or find a commonly used app! 

Ok! We are stuck with this rubbish OS (bad OS due to the poor App stoee) , why LG doesn't develop an adapter to run android TV apps on the TV? Maybe after testing them, you can allow certain famous apps. Moreover, why don't they provide an easy porting tool for the developer?
      Anyway, if they don't do this, I would advise any one to buy an android TV and ignore the useless OSs such as Tiazen or Webos. 
      Regards, 

• By Amjad Barqawi
      Can you please explain why many app in web OS v2 not updated until now and we need more Web OS version Update ,when you can solve this problem or we need to change the tv to another brand
      BR

• By nikobland
      Hello community,
      Any owners of this projector who are on a WebOS later than version 3? Projector was advertised as being 4.5 but it's seemingly stuck on 3, so no Disney, no Apple TV... A real shame!
      Would be great to hear if anybody has any news from LG, or found an update.
      Thanks.