Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Carl Rose

Magic Remote operating Sky Q

Question

Anyone got any info if it's possible to control a Sky Q Box from a magic remote ? And if so what functions can be used? Happy to be directed to a thread or YouTube video.

Thanks for any help

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: LG 49UB850V 4K Youtube

Hello, Since a few days, I do not have the possibility to watch videos on the application youtube of my TV LG 49UB850V in 4K. In the settings, it stops at 1080p. I have a very good internet connection (fiber optic), and especially, there are still a few weeks, I could do it without problem. A test video of youtube in 4K is only available in 1080p on my tv, while on the computer, it is available in 4K. On my most recent LG 55C8 also by the way, the 4K is possible on this same video. I did the tes

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: Help! After factory reset, can't pair remote and stuck on setup screen!

New user to the forum!   My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Magic Remote voice command uses only Youtube everytime

Hi all,  I have a 65UM7100PLA with the magic remote. It works fine, except the voice command. Everytime I say something, it open youtube responses.  On the official LG webpage I can see, that it can be used as control the TV itself. "Open picture settings",, "volume up", etc. But if I say that, it opens up youtube, and offers me videos about opening picture settings on offtopic devices. What am I doing wrong? How to set the voice commands to work on TV itself? thx!

• Question: Using a LG Magic Universal remote with my z906 surround system

Hi, I just Bought the LG OLED55C8 with its Universal "Magic Remote" that should be able to control the sound settings in my accompanying(i bought it for the tv separately ofc, but was told it was compatible with all major sound system brands) LOGITECH z906 sound system. I'm using a Optical cable from my z906 and in the  OLED55C8 TV settings you can choose about 30 of all the biggest sound manufacturers to link the remote to.   To my surprise and disappointment Logitech w

• Question: External subtitles when video is streamed via DLNA

Hello, I have LG 43UJ620V and I've been trying to play video in mkv format streamed via DLNA, subtitle file is in .srt format in the same folder as the video and with same name. But the TV doesn't show subtitle. However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the video with subtitles. I'm running Rygel from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I wonder if there is still no support in WebOS for external subtitles via DLNA. Update: Nevermind. Got it. Support for exte

• Similar Tagged Content

• By FenrisWolf
      Is there anyway to change the colour of the pointer for the  'magic remote control'?
      Our dogs are going crazy trying to chase/catch the pointer icon on the screen. If I could change it to blue it wouldn't be a problem.
      I've found how to change the speed/size - that isn't the issue. Just any help of changing the colour would be great.
      Thanks in advance.
       Fenris
    • By Sandip Nath
      I have made the settings for Universal controller on the LG magic remote and it can now operate my set-top box, dvd player etc. with one exception. The tv remote can start/stop the settop box, change channels with the up/down arrow keys but there is no channel guide from where I select a channel visually. The channel guide page shows an empty table after the guide button is pressed on the remote. But everything is fine when I operate the STB with its own remote controller. I am using Tata Sky set-top box in India. Please help.
    • By Sde1972
      I unregistered my remote because the power button wouldn’t turn off the TV and now I CANNOT get it to re-register!! I need help! Did I break my remote??
    • By NikD63
      Is it possible to program the 4 color button on the Magic Remote? For example, I would like them to switch to apps like YouTube TV, Vudu, etc.? My remote has 2 buttons just above the color buttons which are pre-programmed for Netflix and Amazon. I want to use the color buttons for other apps. Anyone done this?