Quantcast

Need to stream Sportsnet Now...

Cory Stevens

Question

Hey all. I just bought an LG smart tv, but am already having doubts. I’m a hockey fan, and a subscriber to Sportsnet Now – which I preciously accessed via my old Apple TV. But I can’t seem to find a way to watch SN on my new tv. For one, there isn’t an app available in the LG store (why not?), and when I try to stream content via the SN website, using the tv’s browser, the video is near frozen. What gives?

On speaking with the folks at SN – particularly about why I couldn’t even stream from the SN website, via the LG browser – they said "Access via web browsers on Smart TVs is not supported due to supported protocols and DRM restriction capabilities on Smart TV browsers."

How does any of this benefit anyone?

2 answers to this question

Sounds like a SN issue. They don't support web browsers on tvs and have not made a tv app for lg, samsung, etc. On their website they list that they support:

Sportsnet NOW is available on 4th generation Apple TV boxes, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Chromecast.

So you can hook up one for those devices I supposed if you have them. Cheapest way is to to get an amazon or chromecast stick.