Quantcast

Need to stream Sportsnet Now...

Cory Stevens

Question

Hey all. I just bought an LG smart tv, but am already having doubts. I’m a hockey fan, and a subscriber to Sportsnet Now – which I preciously accessed via my old Apple TV. But I can’t seem to find a way to watch SN on my new tv. For one, there isn’t an app available in the LG store (why not?), and when I try to stream content via the SN website, using the tv’s browser, the video is near frozen. What gives?

On speaking with the folks at SN – particularly about why I couldn’t even stream from the SN website, via the LG browser – they said "Access via web browsers on Smart TVs is not supported due to supported protocols and DRM restriction capabilities on Smart TV browsers."

How does any of this benefit anyone?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Sounds like a SN issue. They don't support web browsers on tvs and have not made a tv app for lg, samsung, etc. On their website they list that they support:

Sportsnet NOW is available on 4th generation Apple TV boxes, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Chromecast.

So you can hook up one for those devices I supposed if you have them. Cheapest way is to to get an amazon or chromecast stick.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dennis101
      Just purchased this and the set up is driving me nuts. I have a Sony reciever that I use for my audio out as well as HDMI device switching. The output of the reciever is going to HDMI 1. The TV audio out is set to HDMI (ARC) device.  When watching devices directly connected to the reciever (cable box, roku, DVD, Tivo), audio out is fine. If I try switching to the smart menu or the antenna, there is no audio going from the TV back to the reciever. I also have a Roku I can use for streaming, but not for OTA.  Should I just route everything directly into the TV, and use the optical out to get sound to the reciever? Also since setting up the TV and remote there is strange interaction btween the TV and the reciever. I noticed that my cable box, dvd, and roku all show up devices attached to HDMI 1, and clicking on that device will change the input on the reciever, but I have no control over the reciever from the LG remote, volume and muting buttons have no effect. Also there soesn't seem to be anyway to control my Fios cable box, a Motorola HD QIp 7100-1. I have the IR blaster sitting right next to it
    • By lina75
      Can anyone please suggest an app to watch the world cup, i tried  iptvsmarters and paid for it but it isn't working on my lg smart tv
      and i was told about TOD but couldn't find it on the lg store
    • By Ajay Lele
      I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 
    • By Sap
      Guys, please advise how we can stream the FIFA World Cup on LG Smart Tv? Jio Cinema has won the exclusive rights and it would be an absolute shame if we are not able to watch the biggest sporting event in the world on our smart TV. Nullifies the entire purpose of a Smart TV. Kindly get this addressed. 
    • By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?