Quantcast

CBS Catchup, Discovery+, POP player, and UKTV Play always need updating. Even seconds after you just updated them.

Brian Gregory

Question

CBS Catchup, Discovery+, POP player, and UKTV Play always need updating. Even seconds after you just updated them. It started doing this a few days ago.

Who can I contact to get this fixed?

Since the "apps need updating" notification now always appears when I switch the TV on, I now have no way of telling if anything really does need updating other than going into the LG content store, clicking Apps, clicking My Apps, and visually checking.

☹️

3 answers to this question

I have a variation of this issue

- I got the "apps available for update" pop-up message so I went to content store and under My apps there are two apps needing update (UKTV play and Disney+)

- I tried to update them - but they are already up to date and and they stay as needing update

- Also looking at My Apps - the app icons are old icons with old name and if I click on an app it gives Wrong Region error

So I checked the apps under All Apps (not My Apps) and found one app genuinely needing an update (ITV Hub update to ITVx)

- now I dont get the pop-up message

- but My Apps is still corrupted and wrongly shows two apps needing update

I'm trying to resolve with LG support to avoid a factory reset