Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

AHHHHHH!

WebOS 4 + HBBTV MHEG 2019 FAIL

Question

Hi All

Has anyone with a 2019 model Webos 4.5 or above got any of the Freeview IPTV channels working eg. 211,  261,  265 etc.

I am trying to workout if this really is a problem affecting every TV made by LG in 2019 or just a few of us.

If it is every LG tv then why are there so few people highlighting and reporting this, If it is just a few of us the maybe is is a set or batch problem.

I just struggle to understand why LG would remove functionality from a tv that has more processing power than it predecessors who could successfully run both formats  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By superleccy
      Hi there
      I've had my LG WebOS SmartTV for a couple of months, but in the past week or so I've noticed it's really started eating up all my home's Internet bandwidth, even when I'm just watching FreeSat TV and not running any apps.  It's connected to my router using wired ethernet, so it's not a WiFi problem.
      I can only assume that one the apps I've installed is suddenly decided to download a ton of data in the background.  But which one?
      The only solution I can think of is to install my apps one-by-one until my bandwidth issue improves.  And that's what I'll do.
      But I found this forum, and thought I'd ask you good people if any of you had had a similar experience.
      Here's the apps I've got installed:
      BritBox BBC iPlayer Spotify YouTube Amazon Prime Video NowTV AppleTV Thanks in advance for any tips
      SL
    • By Ravichandran S
      My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley). 
      I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
      As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4

link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
      Please help.
      Thanks,
      Ravichandran
    • By Surojit Bhattacharjee
      The sales person in showroom pushed for LG saying it has better sound and picture richness. But obviously didn't reveal big shortcomings of non-android smart TV in today's ecosystem. This is useless as you are not having freedom to install apps of your choice from playstore. I can't even get Sonyliv. Horrible OS. Now I am trapped for years after buying this TV. Don't buy LG or other non-android TV unless you can affford to throw it in weeks. When will LG grow up?
    • By nashwan
      I have the following setup:

LG 55EF950V television which is running webOS 2.2.0-1317 (this should be the latest version of the OS).

I have a number of video files on my Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS which I connect to with the TV over DLNA (on the TV this is Smart Share -> Devices -> (NAS))

I can see all the video files and play them etc., however when viewing the list of files I dont see any thumb images even though I have a JPEG image for each file.  For example: "My Video.mkv" has a thumb call "My Video.jpg".  For collections I put a "cover.jpg" image in the directory (this doesnt work either on the LG TV).

Has anyone else out there managed to get a webOS 2 TV to show video thumb nail images for videos over DLNA?

BTW: this all works when I use a Samsung TV so I dont think it has anything to do with the way the Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS is setup.
    • By Alex
      LG announced today in its press release that AppleTV+ is coming to LG webOS TVs. In 2020, a new Apple TV app will be released and customers with 2018 and 2019 LG webOS TVs will also be able to download the app:
      LG’s award-winning webOS smart TV platform will bring 2020 LG OLED and LG NanoCell TVs a plethora of programming from the constantly-growing number of top global content providers through apps and services such as Disney+, Netflix and CBS All Access. New for 2020, the Apple TV app allows customers to subscribe and watch Apple TV+ and Apple TV channels as well as access their iTunes video library and buy or rent more than 100,000 films and TV shows. Customers with 2018 and 2019 LG TV models will also be able to enjoy the Apple TV app this year.