Quantcast

WebOS 4 + HBBTV MHEG 2019 FAIL

AHHHHHH!

Question

Hi All

Has anyone with a 2019 model Webos 4.5 or above got any of the Freeview IPTV channels working eg. 211,  261,  265 etc.

I am trying to workout if this really is a problem affecting every TV made by LG in 2019 or just a few of us.

If it is every LG tv then why are there so few people highlighting and reporting this, If it is just a few of us the maybe is is a set or batch problem.

I just struggle to understand why LG would remove functionality from a tv that has more processing power than it predecessors who could successfully run both formats  

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      I have a 2020/21  LG Nano49 and a Humax 4000T Freeview box. My aerial lead goes into the Humax and then connects to the TV's aerial socket via the RF out on the Humax. All has been fine since buying the TV last December, until Saturday.....
      Suddenly the HD picture pixellated badly and then the 'no signal' screen came up. Trying to figure out what was happening, I found that I was only able to tune & access just a third of what I'd been able to before (and NO HD ones!) and the only way that I could both tune and access all through the TV, was to have the Humax box switched on. It didn't have to be selected in the inputs, just switched on. If I tried switching the box off, the HD channel being viewed, would disappear within a minute or so and the 'poor or no signal' screen would take its place, although I was still able to access some none HD channels.
      Isolating both the Humax box and the TV didn't produce any answers : the Humax tuned and displayed ALL the channels when its input was selected and when the aerial lead was removed from the box and plugged directly into the TV, no problem at all....ever channel able to be tuned and displayed.
      Even tried another identical Humax 4000T and had the same results.
      In conclusion, the TV tuner appears to work as it should when the aerial is connected directly to it and separately, the Humax box doesn't seem to have any issues when it's input is selected, but now, if I want to continue with having my Freeview recorder and TV connected, the ONLY way that I can have ALL the channels viewed through the the TV's input is to have the Humax box switched on all the time.
      Hope someone can throw some light on this issue, as I'm stuck......?

• By LGUSA1
      I have the LG 32LJ57 and can I upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 on a 2017 model ? IDK why my TV just stop at 3.0 but I want to using 4.0 on a 2017 model! Thanks!!
    • By LGUSERINDIA
      I brought LG LED 124cm 49UK7500  UHD/4K from India to UK. Will the TV support UK TV channels such as BBC and others through a TV Aerial cable or do i need to buy a FreeView box?
    • By Alfvenwave
      Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this annoying new behaviour.
      I have my SKY Q box on HDMI1 and have become accustomed to switching back from Netflix (or any other app for that matter) by having HDMI1 assigned to button "1" using the Quick Access feature.  In the last week though, this feature has stopped working properly. If I am in Netflix and I press the "1" button, nothing happens (as expected). If instead I hold down the "1" button to switch to SKY I get a pop up that says this: "Do you want to add Netflix to [Quick Access 1]?".   If I then hold down the "0" button, the 3x3 grid "EDIT QUICK ACCESS" pop-up appears and I can clearly see my SKY Q/HDMI 1 in the top left grid position (button "1")!!!
      If I then switch via the Home button to HDMI1 and remove HDMI1 from Quick Access (via the  EDIT QUICK ACCESS pop up), I can then re-add it by holding down 1 or from within the pop-up. Now, if I go into Netflix and then hold down 1, my TV does (correctly) switch to HDMI1. Hurrah! If however I turn my TV off and back on, then go to Netflix, then hold down "1", I am back to square one with the question "Do you want to add Netwflix to [Quick Access 1]?"......Grrrr!!!
      I have tried switching the TV off at the wall, leaving for 10 seconds and repowering, which doesn't fix the problem (I don't believe WebOS reboots when you do this). LG appear to have made it a practical impossibility to reboot WebOS via anything other than a factory reset which I don't really want to do as it'll take me too long to get all my settings back to where I have them now. Some blogs suggest that the "User Licence agreement" setting can be changed which forces a reset from within the General tab but I don't see this on my TV (guessing that WebOS interface has changed).
      Anyone have any ideas? 
      Rob.

• By Rex G
      It starts ok but when I select a program it just sits there with the 'wheel' turning. It works ok on my phone and ipad. Have tried updating tv operating system and iview app but they seem to be at the latest version. Anyone else having problems?