Quantcast

How to remove "not programmed" message on top of screensaver?

Arne

Question

I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices.

But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed".

Any idea how to get rid of this?

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

On 12/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Arne said:

I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices.

But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed".

Any idea how to get rid of this?

I am experiencing the same issue. I don’t want this message displayed and I’m not using satellite, cable or antenna... I’m only using the TV to stream from Prime and Netflix.

Can we fix this ? How do we fix this ?

This is really frustrating me. It’s been almost 8 months and LG has not responded on this thread.

Can we please get some answers LG ???

• Like 1

Daniel, LG dont look at this forum, it is a user support group or rather a means of venting our frustration. The saying " Caveat emptor" has never been more appropriate when it comes to buying LG TV. However, there was no way of knowing this from the specs or shop display.

I am also irritated by this message as I too do not connect to anything but the internet for Youtube and Netflix.. You have to complain to LG directly, not this forum, but I doubt it will get you anywhere. 

I have tried all the LIMITED settings and options available on the menu. Cant even invoke the screen saver quicker for when I play the radio app.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By rologoetz
      Hi, just bought a new LG OLED and pretty fast noticed that I`ve now chance to change the wallpapers ?!?

Really pretty strange - even the smallest smartphone offers such a feature. The TV has enough USB interfaces - why is it not able to customize this by an own set of pictures ?

Can`t be that big rocket science to implement this , especially for such an expensive device this should be a standard feature !!!

Or did I  miss something in the settings of the TV ? 
    • By Itachi3431
      Hi all,
      I haven't seen a screensaver option to enable after sometime and no screensaver come's up after long time. Is there anyway to enable it

TV details - 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 55UR7500PSC

P.S., running latest Web OS
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor
    • By eks1910
      I'm trying to figure out how tp add and remove content/devices from the "Quick Card" section of the "Home" screen on my UR9000 smart TV.
      The attached photo shows what it looks like, and I would like to remove "Sports", "Home Office", "Game", and "Music" and replace them with inputs devices that I can quickly access, like "HDMI FireTV", HDMI DVD-Blu-Ray", and "Antenna" 
      Does anyone know how to edit this so I can add all those so they all show up on my "Home" screen?

• By JPflug
      When we first got our CX OLED tv, we also got Dish network.  After our 2 year contract was up, we "unplugged" and got rid of Dish.  I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of the automatic connection to Dish on HDMI 3, but the TV automatically wanted to start with that.  I managed to delete the tag, but it still wanted to connect to that.  Now, after someother fumbling around, it wants to start on some spanish tv, not really sure where that's from, as we are on the Canadian border 🙂
      An easy to use digital manual would be great, but since I can't find that, I'll ask the hive mind here.  
      FWIW, I find what instructions that ARE available on the TV don't seem to work well--like moving my apps around so the ones I use most are closest to find.  

Thanks..this is so frustrating