Quantcast

How to remove "not programmed" message on top of screensaver?

Arne

Question

I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices.

But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed".

Any idea how to get rid of this?

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

On 12/1/2019 at 4:07 PM, Arne said:

I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices.

But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed".

Any idea how to get rid of this?

I am experiencing the same issue. I don’t want this message displayed and I’m not using satellite, cable or antenna... I’m only using the TV to stream from Prime and Netflix.

Can we fix this ? How do we fix this ?

This is really frustrating me. It’s been almost 8 months and LG has not responded on this thread.

Can we please get some answers LG ???

• Like 1

Daniel, LG dont look at this forum, it is a user support group or rather a means of venting our frustration. The saying " Caveat emptor" has never been more appropriate when it comes to buying LG TV. However, there was no way of knowing this from the specs or shop display.

I am also irritated by this message as I too do not connect to anything but the internet for Youtube and Netflix.. You have to complain to LG directly, not this forum, but I doubt it will get you anywhere. 

I have tried all the LIMITED settings and options available on the menu. Cant even invoke the screen saver quicker for when I play the radio app.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dave Br
      Hi.
      What can I do to get my TV to use the full broadband speed that I've got available.  My tv is a 55EC930V and is using a wired connection to my router.
      My broadband is currently running at 125Mbps.  When I use any other devices such as a laptop, mobile phone, etc the speed using fast.com returns anything between 120 to 130 MBps.
      But, when I use the web browser on the TV, it always maxes out at 33Mbps.  This value is reported by fast.com.
      If I use the speed test in the Netflix app, this returns approx 29Mbps.  I never get anything higher, so what's limiting it?  The same problem occurs for YouTube and that's the only other App that I've got installed.
      If the network board in the TV is supposed to be 10-100Mbps, why don't I get 100 Mbps?  I know I won't get 125Mbps because LG never puts 1Gbps in any of it's TVs.
    • By montanabeefy1
      I have an LG TV using the magic remote.  I discovered that it allowed for either the LG tv or Sling TV to be able to be set as an input so I got sling tv.  I am now wondering if there is a way to set that when you power on the tv, it will automatically go to the sling tv input (or app)?

Thanks
    • By Rob E
      Hi,
      I recently bought myself a LG OLED42C24LA. I’m very happy with it apart from one issue I have noticed. 
      When watching hd channels using the built in antenna tuner the sound repeatedly cuts out just for a mili second each time. This is usually when there is a lot of background sound and lots of movement in the picture or if its moving from from one cut to the next. So things like an action sequence.
      This does not happen if I’m watching the same program on sd on the built in tuner or in hd on a set top box or on iPlayer. Otherwise the picture and sound are great. This makes me think its something to do with the tv and the inbuilt tuner. 
      The tv is reporting the signal strength as 95% and signal quality at 100%. 
      My intention was that this tv could replace the set top box I’m paying talk talk for.  I’m hoping this group may have seen this before or have some suggestions on how to resolve this. I did search the forum for similar questions but didn’t see anything I could use.
      I’d  really appreciate any help you can give me.
    • By Nigelrw
      We ran an ARC sound bar with surround sound on a C9 OLED TV - this works fine . I would like to add a bluetooth headphone for my partner to use as her hearing is getting worse but key is to operate both the sound bar and the bluetooth headphones at same time  - Has anyone done this . I can see away to do it with internal speaker option but quaility of speakers is not too good on the C9. 
    • By [email protected]
      I have a couple of LG OLEDs in shared spaces, with external speakers, one via optical and the other via analog jack (confusingly named headphones). Whenever bluetooth headphones are used and then disconnected, the TV reverts to "internal" terrible audio. For non-technical people this is permanent. Do I have to train everyone to select the device from the long list or can I set a default?