Quantcast

Can you not Airplay 2 to a supported LG TV when the TV is turned off?

Paesano

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Does anyone know? From a UX standpoint, you would think that airplay should always show for the tv even if it were off.  So if the TV were off and you selected to airplay to it, it would turn the TV on. 

If anyone sees that their airplay is available when their TV is off, please let me know.  For now I think it's safe to assume it's LG's bad UX.

Thanks,

Paesano

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Richard Bowden
      Recently moved my 49SJ810V to another room where I can no longer cable to the router. It takes nearly 10mins for the WiFi search to find anything. Then sometimes fails to connect with correct login details. Then when it does it drops continuously and never stays for more than a few mins at at time. It even switches of the WiFi altogether!! Everything in my house connects fine and I've even got an even older LG up stairs that needs a WiFi dongle and I've just tried that and it works fine. Looks to me like its the software that is the issue. It has the latest  version installed.  I've done all that's recommended on the LG website. Any ideas?
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By VickiB
      Every time we turn on our "smart" TV, it tries to connect to cable. We don't have cable. That's not very smart.
      Because we don't have cable, we have static; it's noisy and annoying until I can push enough buttons on the remote to get to something else.
      Is there a way to tell this thing not to boot into "TV" mode? (Best if it would remember what it was doing when I turned it off).

• By Orson Cart
      Some time ago after an update to my TV, whenever I switch it on it has an annoying strip across the bottom of the screen, The strip features buttons for various terrestrial channels and also for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
      Since I have no use for this strip whatsoever, the first thing that I do is to close it down. I have to wait about 5 seconds though. During that time the tv won't respond to any input other than the volume control.
      After the 5 seconds is up I am able to close it down and then for example, change the channel I want. At that point all's good until next time I switch on the tv when I have to go through the same rigmarole.
      Can anyone here please tell me that it's possible to disable this thing? I've looked but can find no means of disabling it.
      Thanks,
      Orson
  • Similar Tagged Content