Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

David314

After WebOS firmware update Netflix was removed from my installed apps.

Question

After I installed the recent WebOS firmware update, I ran Netflix and then the app seemed to immediately uninstall from my installed apps on TV (LG E9). I say it is no longer installed, as it does not appear in my installed apps, or app dashboard/bar. 

I go to LG content store and attempt to install Netflix app and click "INSTALL",  after downloading, a response is displayed "Application has not been installed, try again".  I repeat with no success.

Any help here is appreciated. Is this a known problem? I just need to know if a fix is forthcoming?

Thanks,

David

FYI: I note in LG Content Store, Netflix Version is listed as 1.4.86 (Updated: 11/05/2019). While the update date is obviously recent, the version seems very old (only speculating here).

3 answers to this question

Exact same thing happens with me. Updated LG firmware and the Netflix App was removed. Try to install and says failed. Can install other apps ok. 

I got impatient, and reset my television to factory, and reinstalled my apps, and reconfigured my settings. Netflix runs now, along with everything else. 

I don't recommend going this route if there might be a fix pending, but I couldn't wait :)