Quantcast

Strange behaviour after updating my LG [WEBOS] to firmware 05.10.35

PHS

Question

Hi, I'm experiencing some strange changes in how my AppleTV 4K behave after updating the LG [WEBOS] to 05.10.35.

I own an OLED65C8PLA

LG SoundBar SL10YG

When I start an App, it takes much longer time to get it up and to run. When I close the app, the screen turns black and can blink ones or twice and then finally I see the ”Home screen.” Sometimes the screen stays black and I need to restart the AppleTV 4K Device. This behaviour has never occurred before.

PS. I have restarted all devices that are connected to the TV.

I will write  updates later if I detect anything new or if I find a solution to the problem.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

On 11/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, PHS said:

Hi, I'm experiencing some strange changes in how my AppleTV 4K behave after updating the LG [WEBOS] to 05.10.35.

I own an OLED65C8PLA

LG SoundBar SL10YG

When I start an App, it takes much longer time to get it up and to run. When I close the app, the screen turns black and can blink ones or twice and then finally I see the ”Home screen.” Sometimes the screen stays black and I need to restart the AppleTV 4K Device. This behaviour has never occurred before.

PS. I have restarted all devices that are connected to the TV.

I will write  updates later if I detect anything new or if I find a solution to the problem.

same here my issue picture quality horrible  it changed my pic settings had to reset.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By Nashat
      Dearcsir /madam I tried to change the location from general but I can see countirs like Russia,  Ukraine, Kazakhstan,.... but no other countries at all 
      I want to United Arab Emirates pls help me to do
      Regards,
      Nashat salah
    • By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@LG tv if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By Rob Infantino
      We have two LG OLED TVs. WebOS appears differently on each. And we are able to download the Paramount+ app on one TV, but not on the other.
      OLED65C7P (older) running software version 6.00.25
      WebOS TV Version 3.9.0-62709
      Does not allow the Paramount+ app to be installed
      OLED65C9PUA (newer) running software version 5.10.25
      WebOS TV Version 4.9.3-5340808
      Allows the Paramount+ app to be installed
      How can we get WebOS to appear the same on both TVs?