Quantcast

Browsing a particular website all muddled up

Philip Fry

Question

Hello,  when I open the website 

link hidden, please login to view
  on my LG Smart TV  model UK6950PLB  WEBOS  Software version 05.10.10

The website  does not display correctly (See attached picture), and none of the pages I select do anything.  This used to work correctly up to a few weeks ago,.

I have reported it to the website support, but they have not told me what the problem is.  It works fine on windows 10 notebook and android devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards  Phil

LG SMART TV.jpg

1 answer to this question

this is becoming common, some website are changing  as to protect security,, they are not really taking into account smart tv users ,,where browsers can not be updated as things change. you will see this with  big name companies, eg, Best Buy, Home depot, Costco etc,, all we can do is try to bring to their attention to their IT guys to fine tune the pages. I have had some success with informing some sites like Flipp.com , their response was amazing, this has happened twice with them, and within 3 days, they had tweaked what ever caused it,.so basically its all in their coding.The screen share you have is the same problem I had with Best Buy. but is viewable, but very slow . You might also find big name companies websites might work in other countries other than the one you are in. I guess we have to be patient and wait.But I do suspect in time it will only get worse.I might add some might find some sites open but with in seconds shut down. In the end, you are not alone.

by the way, I tried the website you are having trouble with and it works for me, and just to add my software version 05.50.55, but have found even updates don't cure these problems, 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Felix Olszewski
      Add website to home screen:
      just like with PWA. Just a link to the website. This would be a huge upgrade since navigating to websites is painful, typing. And it would be easy to implement. How do I submit this as a feature request to LG TV OS?
    • By mark dutch
      when will LG WebOs 2023 finally support f1tv pro app
    • By MTNL
      Hi All!

Is it possible to turn on a LG SmartTV so it starts the web browser with a specific website
      I know it is possible to set your own website but I can not find if it is possible from cold start
      We have been using Samsung TV's but their recent policy to force you to see their crappy advertisement is too much a hassle so I want to switch to LG
      Any other hints and/or tips are VERY welcome how to use the LG as a Kiosk TV
      We are looking to use these LG models:
      LG 43UQ70006LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ70003LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ75003LF - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ80006LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 Any info is very welcome!
      Ed
    • By Ieuan Llwyd
      Somehow when I was watching Live TV a menu I've never seen before appeared — I must have accidentally pressed a button or combination of buttons on the remote.
      It appeared below the programme banner (at the bottom left of the screen) and was something to do with a selecting device to control — there were about 4 icons in a row, and one of them was "Set-top Box", but I can't remember what the other options were.
      Having selected "Set-top Box", which is why I remember that option, I now get five icons appearing in a row below the programme banner:
      Start Recording  |  Start Live Playback  |  Recordings  |  Subtitle Language  |  Audio Language
      See screenshot attached.
      The same menu appears if I press the down arrow ᐁ (below the OK button).
      What's driving me nuts is:  1.) I can't now bring up the original 'select device' menu, and  2.)  wondering what the other options are!
      I'm using an LM6300, running webOS 4.9.5-14 (goldilocks2-gympie).  If any other info would help, please let me know.
      Thanks for any help.

• By Wilfred
      My parrents have a LG 43UH661V TV (and no computer or smartphone) and because of Corona, they watch church services every Sunday at
      link hidden, please login to view After we accepted a software update to version 05.50.95 last weekend, this website no longer works. LG Netherlands cannot help us. They say LG headquarters is not interested in this kind of streaming websites (LG wants sites to develop an app for LG is what LG Netherlands said). Downgrading the software is also not possible since version 05. How are we going to solve this?