Quantcast

Hotstar not available on WebOS

Govinda Raghuwanshi

Question

Hi Team,

I have LG tv model LG 42LF6500 with Web OS version 04.06.30.

I believe this is the latest version i can have on my tv. Please advise when next further   versions will be available for my tv.

Also, Hotstar is not available on my tv. I have dropped mail to hotstar team for the same but did not hear anything.

Please assist if there is any possibility for the same.

Regaards,

Govinda

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I am facing the same issue my TV Model is LG 43LF6300,  got to know that the content store is very much updated for the most recent LG Smart TVs.  This is pathetic, got a TV for almost 60k in 2015 and now I am not even able to access entertainment app like HOTSTAR. LG team should better consider old users and optimize their platforms for making it compatible with earlier versions

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, Govinda Raghuwanshi said:

Hi Team,

I have LG tv model LG 42LF6500 with Web OS version 04.06.30.

I believe this is the latest version i can have on my tv. Please advise when next further   versions will be available for my tv.

Also, Hotstar is not available on my tv. I have dropped mail to hotstar team for the same but did not hear anything.

Please assist if there is any possibility for the same.

Regaards,

Govinda

Hi Govinda,

I believe your TV is running webOS 2.0, the number you have quoted is the release number, and at this time Hotstar have taken the decision not to support it.

Hi George,

As you are a support member and all support team shoud give resolution to an issue you should mention how the user can upgrade the web os version or the firmware to install manually ,

Could you please respond with the solution ?? Or we have wasted our money buying this 42LF6500 SMART TV? 

Don't tell to watch HOTSTAR I need to buy another tv.  We are now in 2020 , I think you can give a solution by now, if any workaround is available please do let us know.

@George Hofmeister

LG products are bad I will not recommend anybody to buy here onwards, in this android age they are using some age old technology that to they don't support. If you buy you ll be on your own , only God can help. Better to stay away from their products. Did a mistake buying this TV . I could have bought Sony Bravia in same price shit. 

I know u all support people will not respond, so f**k you guys, this post I ll share in my social media. And insist all my followers not to buy LG products atleast they can save their money.

@Jash

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.