Quantcast

iPlayer buffering

mungodaisy

Question

I have an  LG 43LJ594V smart TV  which is connected to 40MB broadband by cable. It worked perfectly until fairly recently - I think when the software was updated to 05.80.20.

Now the iPlayer and ITV Hub both load extremely slowly (sometimes ITV Hub just fails to load completely) and the iPlayer is frequently buffering (every 10-20 seconds or so). Once the ITV Hub loads it usually runs OK. Netflix runs perfectly.

I have tried a Toshiba TV (which I think has  the Amazon Fire OS)  on the same broadband connection with no problems at all.

Can anybody suggest what to do?

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wiliam
      Having a LG OLED65CX6LA 2 FROM 2021 / software version is 04.41.45
      Living in Switzerland as a English expat 
      BBC IPLAYER IS NOT PRESENT IN APP STORE 
      Please advise or help. Thx 
    • By GiovanniG
      Hi, my needs are to show the video stream of the baby's room on LG TV, I've searched a lot for an RTSP player without success, there are lot of limitations on LG webos, unfortunately, but I succeed using a PC with Serviio and the native browser of the TV, it works but plays vide with about 20 seconds of delay.
      I don't now how to reduce this buffering, in this way I can't promptly go to him before he commits something dangerous, there is anything I can do to reduce buffering? Any news out about a player which supports RTSP? (like VLC). Than you
    • By Baffledron
      Hi,
      Ongoing problem!!
      About a month ago I switched from BT to Vodafone FTTP (Fibre) broadband (100Mbps)
      Since then I've had buffering on my LG TV (55UM7610PLB). This is connected to the router by ethernet cable.
      My first thoughts were to do with the internet connection, I checked and tested everything. Vodafone have also checked everything and Openreach have replaced the ONT. Still got the problem though.
      So, I've turned to the TV. The LG chat and phone help were pretty low level and not at all helpful.
      Google turned up a possible solution which involved resetting the location services and removing it's automatic status. This sort of worked. Watching UHD Frozen Planet 2 was bufferless. But the next day, watching ITV hub was worse than ever.
      You would have thought with an 100Mbps connection it would all work so well....but it doesn't.
      Is it the TV? 
      Is there a fix? 
      Any ideas much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Ron
    • By Derek Robinson
      Why, when I have a good internet speed does BBC Iplayer keep freezing or saying unable to connect? I can switch to my Firestick and use that but after paying for an LG TV I expect that to work as well, especially when the Firestick is plugged into the LG TV.
    • By RPMolin
      Recently I have had a number of buffering interruptions during progams.  Is it an issue with LG since our last software upgrade?