Quantcast

HBO GO issues/Web Browser

Question

I have a brand new LG Smart TV. I cannot find HBO in the LG App menus to be able to add it to my list. Then when I try to access via the LG Browser, it tells me that I am unable to run the content as the browser needs to be updated. Can somebody tell me how I can access HBO Go via my new Smart TV? I have the LG - 55" Class - LED - Nano 8 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR, Model 55SM8600PUA. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

I have a brand new LG Smart TV. I cannot find HBO in the LG App menus to be able to add it to my list. Then when I try to access via the LG Browser, it tells me that I am unable to run the content as

Unfortunately, this has been a recurring topic where others, including myself, have complained about the lack of an HBO viewing app with no helpful response from LG.  Several others have different ide

1 answer to this question

Unfortunately, this has been a recurring topic where others, including myself, have complained about the lack of an HBO viewing app with no helpful response from LG.  Several others have different ideas about why an HBO app isn't offered, but it would be nice if LG would give a response.  There are a number of other posts about this issue for which you may search and some have offered alternative methods to try and watch HBO, none of which seemed like what I wanted (I just want to fire up the app and watch HBO, just like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Showtime).  Welcome to the unhappy customer club.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bella Lee
      With the Amazon Music app, LG smart TV owners who also happen to be Prime members can finally access two million songs on their TVs. But there is a more convenient approach for you to play Amazon Music on LG smart TV. With an or Mac, you are able to link hidden, please login to view and them play them directly on your smart TV without the Amazon Music app. And you don't worry that your smart TV is not compatible with LG smart TV.
    • By Vadim Kostylev
      Recently been having issues with amazon app loading slow or not at all, decided to uninstall, went to lg store and its not coming up
      Any Idea? I also noted during issues amazon updated app version

Webos 2.0 55UB850V
    • By Michał Jurczuk
      Is there any music app like Spotify, Tidal, Google Music, anything? How can I stream for example from my phone?
    • By MicSzy
      TV model OLED65B6P purchased in mid-2017.
      TV software version: 05.60.06
      Web OS: 3.4.0-5706 (dreadlocks-digya)
      This is supposed to be a smart TV, it’s only 4 years old and already it can’t take advantage of recent/new features in applications such as Hulu Live TV and cloud DVR. As a result we can either settle for the older basic Hulu app which doesn’t support Hulu live TV or Hulu cloud DVR, features added by Hulu a year ago when the TV was only 3 years old. The work around is viewing through a separate appliance attached to the TV (like Roku or Fire TV Stick) or broadcasting to the TV from a smart phone or other mobile device, both which add another link in the chain connecting the signal source to the TV, and which introduce audio lagging video.
      Why isn’t LG supporting a very expensive “smart” TV that is less than 4 years old by updating the Web OS?  
      We also own another LG TV, model 32LJ550B-UA, which supports the latest Hulu app with Live TV and cloud DVR. That set was purchased in 2018. Why can’t the same software version and integrated Web OS be applied to our primary viewing TV above? This second set shows:
      TV software version: 06.00.04
      Web OS: 3.9.0-63004 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
    • By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks