Quantcast

Show Youtube app when power on

Huy Hoang

Question

How can I set Youtube (or a particular app) to be turned on by default upon power on?

Right now it's always showing regular tv at power on and since I don't sign up for cable, it's just the blank screen with noise which is super loud and annoying.

5 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Neptoon said:

I also was wondering how to do this as I don't use any "regular" TV at all (I'm getting TV thru an app). Unfortunately I can't find George's link....!??!? 

That will be as I forgot to paste it...

link hidden, please login to view

I can only get one thing a week correct, and obviously the previous post was not it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, George Hofmeister said:

That will be as I forgot to paste it...

link hidden, please login to view

I can only get one thing a week correct, and obviously the previous post was not it.

Hi George, thanks for posting this link. I just bought a 2018 LG OLED55C8LLA but the WebOS version in my country (Germany) doesn't offer the same menu as seen on this video.

As Huy mentioned I wish there was some way to set preferences for my startup screen but I guess I'll have to deal with it because the TV itself is magnificent. I've been considering buying "regular TV" but I don't really like German TV so I'm loathe to pay extra for it. 

I couldn't find a way to set Youtube as the default app on startups (And I don't think there's an option to do so), so I ended up just try tuning the live TV and because there is no cable available, now it shows a black screen with "No signal" text on it. This solved my problem, so I don't see the need to set Youtube as the default app. If I "cast" videos from the Youtube app on my phone, the TV will automatically switch to the Youtube app. 

WebOS is just a useless pos that shouldn't have been made default to a premium product like this. (The C9) .

Many people use either apple TV or G-cast or Amazon sticks as default input on startup. These are far more superior than webOS.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.