Quantcast

web browser not loading

BRIAN

Question

My lg  smart tv,web browser Webos 3.  has slowly over time lost a number of companies web sites no longer load,in my  case ,Best Buy, Home Depot,Canadian Tire and now today Costco,these are Canadian Sites but U.S. sites do work. Anyone else with same problem?  

Edited by BRIAN
adding version

2 answers to this question

Just updated to firmware 05.50.55  and now can get BestBuy Canada, and homedepot, but not Costco Canada,, I also reset tv after update and no luck. I suspect some kind of security setting that is stopping webpage from opening. As a side note now after firmware up date, it was popping up it was updating remote... so after I reset I got the same message but  this time in a short while it popped up remote was updated.. time will tell if the reset worked for remote message as I have read other who said the same thing about remoter message.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By forum1
      My LG 49UB850V LED TV  browser is too old. The most of the pages not work any more. How to easy update just one simple browser app? For example, often browser show error during open new page. It show certificate expire problem and page not load at all.
      This mean LG sell product without update at least browser certificate and now we are stuck and can not even load one page from WWW. 

Shame on you LG. I will not buy any more from you.  How dificolt is to release new update to update OS certificates? Microsoft Windows did this, android did also for old phones, etc... Really, can not undestend this asian people from Korea. 
    • By Yves Gijbels
      It seems that the latest version of the WebOS browser on LG Smart TV's lacks the support for Javascript modules (ES6).
      Can this be implemented / activated?
    • By Nicola123
      Have lg TVs. At around 7:45pm two of these just went on to Netflix. 

try getting onto other apps but bang back to Netflix on both with touching remote - help please

• By Stephen Davies
      As above! All4 & My5 will no longer work. Also, how do you update the browser? My LG nano TV is just over 3 years old.
    • By OnlyCORE
      Hey, I have a LG OLED65CX TV (latest WebOS) and  some photos from my Synology NAS are not loading, only in thumbnails like this:

Most photos work perfectly but some not. They are scans from a photobook and then individually cut in Zoner but that shouldn't matter right? Here are properties of one of the photos

I really don't know the reason my TV and it makes me really mad since it took a long time co scan these.
      Weird thing is I also scanned other positive film photos and they work great on TV.
      Do you know what might be the problem?