Quantcast

Wi-Fi speed connection

Lexi Swanton

Question

Hello

I have recently upgraded my broadband to 1 Gigabit service.

Now I know t ha the speed will vary by device and specs so i would not expect the tv to obtain speeds like a mobile phone. 

My problem is that the tv does drop the speed down to a ridiculous 1 mbps on Netflix.. it does run uhd/4k content from 7 to 15 mbps. I've run speed tests on s7 edge and s9 through out the house and great speeds at approx 310 mbps download and upload speeds at similar numbers. Funny enough the speed in my kitchen was faster than standing beside the modem in the hall. 

There is no software update due on the tv . So I am sure it's a tv issue but I'm not in anyway an expert to not need help with this.

Is there anything I can do myself to fix the problem and I mean without ringing provider tech support yet. 

I'm thinking cable connection but I don't think that should be done on a 1Gig service I would try that option immediately if i was still on NGB service with 17 mbps being considered very Good speed. 

So apologies for the length of the question and mini rant but itis fueled by some wine and beers.

Any info  appreciated or a fix to the issue.

TIA

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I would try a cable to get a better connection.

There is no problem using that on a 1 Gig service. I don't think the TV has a 1 Gb ethernet port so it automatic changes to 100 Mbits. 

I just tried fast.com on my LG tv, iIt's on a 100 Mbit connection and I get 15 Mbit/s.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.