Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Puntyboy

Purple Tint On Parts of Screen

Question

My 18 month old 43UJ635V-ZF has very annoying purple tinting down the right hand side and bottom left hand corner. I'm hearing this is a common problem with Tv's like this and see many Forums on Samsung about it. There was no physical damage done to the TV And it just started happening. 

Does anyone know why this happening and is there any resolving this?

Amazed by the amount of people having this problem and wondering what the best course of action is? Time to scrap it or try and repair? 

20190224_184051.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ehab Kshlan
      Dear users ,
      suddenly I faced a problem with shahid app specially with new series. Where the video stopped at anytime and you have to play it again .
      Do you have ideas?
      Thanks .
    • By Srusick
      The the past three (3) weeks Sling App looses my login credentials and/or lists and error message.  I've had to uninstall and reinstall the Sling App multiple times on both of my LG OLED 55" & 65" tv's.  I've contacted Sling and their customer services noted they are aware of this issue with LG and some Samsung TV's and have no updates on when it will be resolved.  Anyone have the same issue? Greatly appreciated any suggestions on how to cure this issue., thx.
    • By Luis Araos
      I used to cast from ace stream directly to my UJ6300 and I had no problems until a few days ago when the TV got an update for WebOS 3.7 I think. Now whenever I try to cast to the TV it just shows a black screen on the "Web App Viewer" app, I was wondering if maybe I could set a different player as default player when streaming from my phone instead of the Web App Viewer, as when I play from other sources it starts the "Photo&Video" player. 
      Otherwise I think I would have to downgrade the OS to the previous stable version. 
      Anyone else having this problem? 
    • By -ethan-
      After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value.  Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume.  A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.
      After the update the TV is running:  webOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41.  I do not have the version information prior to the update.

• By Julio Henrique Morimoto
      I've had an LG 47LB6500 for about five months now. I love the TV and it's great. Except one thing that I find irritating is a constant AV input popup that keeps reappearing over, and over, and over.

While watching any content from any input, the popup appears.
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      The only device plugged to the TV is an HDMI Sky HDTV Set Top Box, and there is nothing plugged into any AV input. WebOS seems to enter some variable loop, displaying several of these popups in sequence. Often, the number of popups is such, that the TV will freeze trying to show all of them. I can only assume a lot of its CPU is being used to render them. The TV will become unresponsive until all popups disappear. The annoyance may last a couple of minutes, but it happens everytime the TV is turned back on.

From the input configuration screen, I can see the AV input is active.
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      Once it's removed, the popups are gone. But once the TV is turned off and back on, WebOS will scan for devices and these empty AV inputs are back on the list... and the parade of popups will follow.

As a user, I have to consder this a bug. And it's a very irritating one. These popups cover subtitles and seem to show up minutes after the TV is turned on. Please provide a fix with a firmware update or, at least, provide a workaround to make it stop.

Kind regards!
      Julio
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Sourav Pathak
      I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.
      Thanks
    • By alan dickinson
      I have two very thin but very distinct parallel, vertical lines on the left of my screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?
    • By Eiskaffee
      Hi there,

a few weeks ago i got the 43uj6309 LG SmartTV and now i got a question to this TV.

My plan is to install a Ambilight for the TV itself, without HDMI input (as I got none). I red the last days a lot about it and it seems its not that hard.
      The only problem is, every topic is about grabbing the video source of an HDMI device, not the TV screen itself.  As i dont use any HDMI Device and just stream TV, Netflix and Amazon my ambilight setup has to get the video information from the TV directly.

So i came up with an idea... maybe its not (yet) working or just a stupid idea...

Is it possible to stream the Video signal of the TV to any device trough my network at home? Screensharing or miracast work the same way, dont they? There are Apps like the WEBOS app, where i can scroll trough my photos, so there must be a way to share my TV screen to another WIFI device in the network.

If that works or if  there is any way to get the f*** video signal of my TV to the raspberry Pi my ambilight setup would work.

so thanks to anyone who is into the topic and knows someting about it. 
      peace
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?