Quantcast

I want my LG TV to connect to Bluetooth automatically

JamesH

Question

I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.

How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?

• Like 3

9 answers to this question

Same request.

Is there some way we users could get a checkbox during the Bluetooth pairing process that says "Connect automatically"? That way, the default could still be "Ask to connect", but users could have the option to avoid picking up the remote to connect a newly powered on Bluetooth device.

I do like that the speakers come on when the Bluetooth device is powered off, but maybe someone would like to set Bluetooth as the default output?

That's pretty annoying! Every time I switch TV on, I should go to menu and connect my bluetooth speakers or headphones. For example, I switch TV on when my wife sleeps and  TV starts to scream because this time it is not connected to my bluetooth phones , it uses internal speakers.
And it is very easy to implement  such simple option, I do not understand why it it not yet implemented..

• Thanks 1

I was in the same position as you, whenever I turn on my TV and the speakers would be on all I had to do was flip the word open to my AirPod pros and I notification will pop up in the middle of the screen San yes/no to connect, which made it very easy and fast instead of having to go to settings and connect each time. The way I figured this out was I went to devices and I forgot the device, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it/paired it back on and now it’s working like it used to . Giving me the notification the moment I turn on my Bluetooth headsets. So in a nutshell delete your devices and then reconnect/pair them. I hope this helps, worked for me, went to the ends of the Internet to try to figure out why it stopped popping up and I had to physically go to settings each time and it was so irritating that I just try to do the test on my own and said hey let’s just wipe the slate clean and reload it and see what happens and Boone now it works back how it should my headsets connect the second I turn them on to my 55LGnanocell75

1 hour ago, Ivan Zorrilla said:

C’mon lg right in 2023

With the DLNA listings how come the system can't sort by name, date created, etc. LG please lift your game. I just hope that someone with authority actually readds these posts but I gather they do not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By Alann
      I have only notices when streaming. Streaming stop on some error and the tv locks up. Remote no loaner works. I have to unplug to reboot the tv. Never happy when just watching tv.
    • By dracula1001
      Hello,
      I own a 55 inch LG  WEBOS TV SM8100PVA and I am connecting my SONY WH-1000XM3 bluetooth head set to the TV, it used to auto connect as soon as I power on the headphones, but now it only connecting manually, I have tried to reconnect them (forget and connect again) and the auto detect isturned on, I cannot auto connect them
      meaning every time I have to connect them, but only manually, it started happening after I connected them once to my phone and than I unpaired them from my phone,
      Can anyone assist :)?
      thank you
    • By News Reporter
      Trees are vital. There is no denying how trillions of trees around the world are central to all life on Earth. Not only do Mother Nature’s skyscrapers provide clean, fresh air and cozy habitats to thousands of living species, but they also help us combat climate change and preserve biodiversity for many decades to come.

In ensuring that this legacy can be passed onto future generations, LG Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta to celebrate their 32 years of operation in Indonesia. For this purpose, the company pledged to plant 32,000 trees across Jakarta, Kalimantan and Sumatra by April 2023.
      Jay Jang, director of marketing and relations at LG Electronics Indonesia,
      shaking hands with Abdul Kodir, head of the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta
      This initiative sheds light on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability in Indonesia in the same fashion as the company’s eco-friendly solutions, products and technologies, including their energy-saving inverter technology, which helps customers achieve a more eco-conscious lifestyle by improving energy efficiency. Incorporated into a wide range of household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners, this cutting-edge inverter provides users with peace of mind as they are able to easily manage their ecological footprints.

However, LG’s efforts toward environmental sustainability extend well beyond the tree-planting initiative. The company’s technological interventions also complement its commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, through the minimization of carbon emissions and footprints across the overall process, from production to disposal.

LG is endlessly passionate about raising global awareness of environmental sustainability, not only through its technological innovation and world-leading products but also by implementing various environmental interventions designed in order to make life better for people of all backgrounds and localities.

Contributed by LG Indonesia
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view