Quantcast

I want my LG TV to connect to Bluetooth automatically

JamesH

Question

I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.

How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?

• Like 3

23 answers to this question

Same request.

Is there some way we users could get a checkbox during the Bluetooth pairing process that says "Connect automatically"? That way, the default could still be "Ask to connect", but users could have the option to avoid picking up the remote to connect a newly powered on Bluetooth device.

I do like that the speakers come on when the Bluetooth device is powered off, but maybe someone would like to set Bluetooth as the default output?

• Like 1

That's pretty annoying! Every time I switch TV on, I should go to menu and connect my bluetooth speakers or headphones. For example, I switch TV on when my wife sleeps and  TV starts to scream because this time it is not connected to my bluetooth phones , it uses internal speakers.
And it is very easy to implement  such simple option, I do not understand why it it not yet implemented..

• Thanks 1

I was in the same position as you, whenever I turn on my TV and the speakers would be on all I had to do was flip the word open to my AirPod pros and I notification will pop up in the middle of the screen San yes/no to connect, which made it very easy and fast instead of having to go to settings and connect each time. The way I figured this out was I went to devices and I forgot the device, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it/paired it back on and now it’s working like it used to . Giving me the notification the moment I turn on my Bluetooth headsets. So in a nutshell delete your devices and then reconnect/pair them. I hope this helps, worked for me, went to the ends of the Internet to try to figure out why it stopped popping up and I had to physically go to settings each time and it was so irritating that I just try to do the test on my own and said hey let’s just wipe the slate clean and reload it and see what happens and Boone now it works back how it should my headsets connect the second I turn them on to my 55LGnanocell75

On 12/23/2018 at 6:14 AM, JamesH said:

I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.

How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?

I had the same issue, discovered that the issue was with the speaker itself, and how the external speaker was configured. I just turn auto power on and auto power off to ON, on the speakers remote Now the external Bluetooth speaker senses the power on of TV, turns on and connects. When the TV is off, the speaker turns off too. No changes needed to the TV setting at all. Hope this helps.

Hi James. That does not work for my Sennheiser HS 4.50btnc. I have them turned on and they are "polling". I then turn the TV on and it goes to TV speakers. If I have the TV set to optical out, for the room sound system, it keeps that setting. It just does NOT keep the Bluetooth.

Also dislike that it goes Bluetooth and TV speaker as one of the options.

i know exactly what you are doing or where you are. Instead going that route, go down to "all settings"  THEN open sound icon, then go to "sound out". There you will see Bluetooth icon, then click "blue tooth devices" and there you'll see all your connected blue tooth devices(if any) and then click on the pair icon to add a new or another Device. 

Wesley. How about you do this on your TV. turn on your Bluetooth headset. Set TV to Bluetooth only and connect. Make sure you can hear the TV sound. Now turn off your TV.

Then turn on your TV and tell us where the sound come out? It is NOT on the Bluetooth headset but it uses the TV speakers. 

That is the issue. It can keep the tv channel but not the sound output. It can't even keep that you are wanting to keep using web channel you were watching when it was turned off.

Oh... That case IDK what LG or update you have. 

To be honest since setting up the Bluetooth I honestly can't remember the last time sound came out of the TV speakers. When I turn it off, Bluetooth disconnects as it does with any other product. The moment I power my LG back on my headphones automatically reconnect. It gives no time for the TV speakers to engage.

So my experience is no matter what headset I'm using at the time and powered on then they auto connect before the LG home screen popped up after turning the TV on. Or at least that's what I believe as it doesn't even give the TV speakers a chance to engage. 

Wesley, hi! Thanks for responding so far. Do you have a higher end set, and/or a newer one? I have a 2019 LG-43UK6500AUA (smaller, lower end), which has no auto-connect related to Bluetooth. Even if my Bluetooth headphones are powered on before the TV is powered on, I am still prompted with a connection approval request once the TV recognizes the headphones as a previously paired device. So, if I used the set-top box's remote to power on the TV, I sill have to keep the TV remote at hand to answer the prompt. Of course, the default answer is 'no', not 'yes', so I cannot simply press the 'OK' button, but am forced to navigate first.

• Like 1

Well first of all consider yourself lucky, as most manufacturers are the same if not more difficult I've witnessed, manually having to go into settings find the model of your device and then connect and back out of it all each time. But no not to my knowledge it's a couple years old mid-model QLED. It does have unknown hardware in it though as during delivery they dropped it and broke the screen, replacing the screen, new smartboard etc. With that said I'm not sure if it's one or the other but I will say I do heavily go into the settings everytime and switch things around on every TV I purchase, aiming to make things simpler or better. Sorry, I don't have an answer.

But hey if I have it where I'm auto-ed in with no prompts  I'm sure other people do. And if that's the case I'm sure you can maybe look it up on YouTube and 3rd party websites or apps(forgot I installed to help/boost the TV). 

OK, thanks. I've done a lot of web searching to no avail. Do you have the "Quick Startup" (i.e. stay in standby) mode set to yes? I have the most recent software update for my set, 05.50.15. I even installed the "Developer Mode" app, to see if I could somehow change a behind-the-scenes setting. Through it I can see that this version of WebOS uses the same "bluez" software suite as Linux does for Bluetooth, so, like you are experiencing, the capability for the auto-connect is there. The "Developer Mode" though, is pretty restricted.

Try disconnecting any device from the HDMI eARC port and see what happens!!!  I also am having a bluetooth problem with my LG TV, my bluetooth does not stay activated when forementioned port is being use (i.e. I have to pull the HDMI plug from my SONOS ARC everytime to use bluetooth wireless headphones).  LG has caused the most problems of any TV I have ever had, webOS is terrible not user friendly and extremely limited apps for TV, totally terrible investment, sorry I could not be more positive but as they say "it is what it is"!!!

Painful to say I am using the 03.36.30 latest update on the LG 86UP80006LA.

TV goes off then Bluetooth speakers disconnect even though they are still powered on.

Put tv on, have to manually connect the bluetooth speakers everytime... which are still powered on and not off

Frustrating 

Speakers = Edifier S1000MKII

• Like 1

The original post seemed to branch out in several different directions, so I'd like to resubmit:

I have an LG 75Nanoxxxx model TV and a Firestick 4K and a Denon DHTS216 soundbar.  My HDMI ARC port is damaged and unusable so have chosen to go the bluetooth route with the soundbar.  I have no issue pairing the soundbar via bluetooth and controlling the on/off functionality, volume control etc. with my Firestick remote.  However, whenever I power on, although the system re-pairs automatically, I am stuck with the WebOS pop-up asking me if I want to 'use the soundbar'.

I have little interest in using the bulky 'Magic Remote', with its lousy cursor controls. So back to the OP.....is there any way automatically have 'yes' selected so as not to get the 'do you want to use...' popup, or at least be able to make a WebOS choice using my Firestick remote?

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1