Quantcast

I want my LG TV to connect to Bluetooth automatically

David Prado

Question

I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.

How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Same request.

Is there some way we users could get a checkbox during the Bluetooth pairing process that says "Connect automatically"? That way, the default could still be "Ask to connect", but users could have the option to avoid picking up the remote to connect a newly powered on Bluetooth device.

I do like that the speakers come on when the Bluetooth device is powered off, but maybe someone would like to set Bluetooth as the default output?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By majtemp
      Hello,
      After updating my LG TV to the latest firmware I saw a new option:
       It is "Bluetooth Speaker Volume":

Before this update, I used to connect to my Bluetooth headphones quicker because the option "Connect" was the FIRST OPTION.
      Now It is the second option and I have to press down every time to highlight "Connect".

Why replacing "Connect" with this disabled option "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" ?!

This is annoying because my TV fails to detect my headphones automatically so I have to go to this menu every day and select "Connect" manually. ☹️
      Making "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" the first option just made this process more annoying because now I have to press more buttons.

My simple request is:
      Make "Connect" the first option.

Thanks.

• By Ronald
      Hi 
      I just updated to firmware version 06.00.20 on my LG oled C7V and now my sound drops out occasionally.  It's with Netflix which is on the TV and via external receiver. I have a soundbar, so I think it's creating an ARC issue.
      Somebody else having these issues?
      Greetings Ronald

• By News Reporter
      On the occasion of the local debut of LG’s new LG QNED Mini LED TV series, LG’s team in Hong Kong was determined to create an experience that was memorable and elegant without exposing the audience to unnecessary risk.
      The result, LG Experience Museum, merged LG’s diverse lifestyle products with works of art. As the star of the show, LG QNED Mini LED TV offered a stunning and immersive viewing experience with deeper blacks and more accurate colors, inviting visitors to a unique and dynamic experience.

But LG Experience Museum had even more to offer.
      After pre-registering online, visitors were treated to a special tour of LG Experience Museum and its three unique experience zones – Vintage Zone, Artistic Zone and Black Addict Zone – each offering an exploratory journey into the history of LG’s many innovations.

Adorned with a geometric-patterned backdrop and trimmings reminiscent of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Vintage Zone offered a look back in time to witness the evolution of LG TVs. In this space, the LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV with its primitive cathode ray tube (CRT) technology set the mood.

The theme of Artistic Zone alluded to the minimalistic and timeless design of LG’s products, with LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG TONE Free TWS earbuds posing with historical sculptures. Here, visitors could get up close to both the 4K and 8K versions of LG QNED Mini LED TVs, with their bright, vivid colors on flawless display.

And in stark contrast to Artistic Zone, Black Addict Zone communicated a darker, more luxurious look and feel. Here, LG OLED TV and LG UltraFine Display OLED PRO took center stage against the black backdrop, illuminating the space with their self-lit displays.

In this zone, visitors could experience together for the first time LG’s “The Black Range” of appliances consisting of LG InstaView Door-In-Door® refrigerator, LG Vivace washing machine, LG Styler and LG CordZero wireless vacuum cleaner, representing state-of-the-art designs in classy, chic black.

Throughout the exhibition, guests were given the opportunity to engage with their social media circles to win concert tickets. All fun and informative time for all, LG Experience Museum not only introduced LG’s newest product innovations in style but also demonstrated how they were making Hong Kong lives better.
      Contributed by LG Hong Kong

# # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Sameer Zunjar
      Hi Team,
      I purchased Lg smart tv UHD LED 55UF850T in December 2015.
      Yesterday I bought alexa show 8 device, but I am facing issue to connect Alexa device to my Lg smart tv UHD LED 55UF850T.
      Can you please help me how can I connect?
      Hope so it will be positive response.
      Please do it ASAP.
    • By News Reporter
      As an organization engaged fully in making a positive impact on society, LG understands its responsibility as a corporate citizen. To make its products and services more accessible to all individuals, LG established an advisory group comprised of experts and persons with disabilities to make LG home appliances accessible to a more diverse audience.

As a key component of its social contribution framework, LG is investing heavily in future generations with programs specifically designed to assist and support tomorrow’s leaders by strengthening their skills and capabilities in the real world. Since 2011, LG has hosted the program to provide youth with disabilities useful IT skills for today’s workforce.

The first GITC to be held entirely online, this year’s new format was designed to enable as many participants as possible from all over the world to participate using whatever connected device they had access to: laptop, PC, smartphone or tablet. In June, nearly 500 participants from 14 countries came together online to participate in the preliminary round, with almost 80 percent returning for the finals in October.

Programming a remote model car to navigate a track for the eCreative challenge
      Attendees competed across four challenges designed to test their computer skills: advanced text and image search (eLifeMap), Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (eTool), creating and editing videos (eContent) and coding/ programming (eCreative).
      GITC participants at Mongolian University of Science and Technology
      What’s more,  to address the digital information gap in the fourth industrial revolution, LG will host the virtual Innovation & Inclusion Forum in November. Participants will include representatives from and the international NGO who will come together to discuss issues and challenges faced by persons with disabilities in low and middle-income countries in accessing economic opportunities.
      Students from Indonesia participating in the eTool challenge
      By helping youth with disabilities unlock their full potential and develop new skills for today’s workforce, LG is hopeful that GITC participants will feel that they’re a little closer to achieving their life’s dreams
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view