Quantcast

I want my LG TV to connect to Bluetooth automatically

David Prado

Question

I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.

How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

Same request.

Is there some way we users could get a checkbox during the Bluetooth pairing process that says "Connect automatically"? That way, the default could still be "Ask to connect", but users could have the option to avoid picking up the remote to connect a newly powered on Bluetooth device.

I do like that the speakers come on when the Bluetooth device is powered off, but maybe someone would like to set Bluetooth as the default output?

That's pretty annoying! Every time I switch TV on, I should go to menu and connect my bluetooth speakers or headphones. For example, I switch TV on when my wife sleeps and  TV starts to scream because this time it is not connected to my bluetooth phones , it uses internal speakers.
And it is very easy to implement  such simple option, I do not understand why it it not yet implemented..

I was in the same position as you, whenever I turn on my TV and the speakers would be on all I had to do was flip the word open to my AirPod pros and I notification will pop up in the middle of the screen San yes/no to connect, which made it very easy and fast instead of having to go to settings and connect each time. The way I figured this out was I went to devices and I forgot the device, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it/paired it back on and now it’s working like it used to . Giving me the notification the moment I turn on my Bluetooth headsets. So in a nutshell delete your devices and then reconnect/pair them. I hope this helps, worked for me, went to the ends of the Internet to try to figure out why it stopped popping up and I had to physically go to settings each time and it was so irritating that I just try to do the test on my own and said hey let’s just wipe the slate clean and reload it and see what happens and Boone now it works back how it should my headsets connect the second I turn them on to my 55LGnanocell75

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dhineshwar
      MX player and jio cinema are commonly used Android apps which offers many free to watch movies. It would be great if that two added in the lg store. Hope it'll be added soon
    • By News Reporter
      First in the World to Receive ISO 13849-1 Certification for Mobile Service Robots,
      LG Confirms Its Leadership in the Field of Robot Safety Technology

SEOUL, June 28, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) has again proven its technological capabilities and commitment to creating safe, new innovations for a better life, becoming the first company in the world to receive the ISO 13849-1 certification* for its safety controller module utilized in mobile service robots. The new certification applies to LG’s advanced safety controllers for robots and was issued by Det Norske Veritas (DNV), an international accredited registrar and classification body headquartered in Norway.
      LG’s newly developed safety controller for robots ensures the highest level of operational safety and reliability by actively managing robots’ settings, monitoring signals from robots’ sensors in real-time and providing protective deceleration or stop-control whenever any risk is detected.
      Composed of only one module, LG’s safety controller boasts a significant advantage over conventional controllers – it can be easily adapted according to the individual specifications of each robot, or to meet the unique requirements of each customer.
      Previously, manufacturers had to analyze and evaluate every single aspect of functional safety for each robot they produced, but this is no longer the case thanks to LG’s sophisticated controller. This is expected to help the company authenticate and launch new service robots, such as those from its well-known LG CLOi ServeBot and LG CLOI GuideBot series, more quickly than before.
      A leader in the fast-changing robotics industry, LG has accumulated a wealth of data and knowhow through many decades of tireless innovation. The company has introduced a wide variety of robot solutions optimized for settings such as hotels, hospitals and restaurants, and leveraging its diverse technological capabilities, including in the areas of autonomous driving systems, sensors, artificial intelligence and cameras.
      Recently, the company announced its full-fledged entry into the next-generation logistics robot market with the launch of LG CLOi CarryBot, developed in collaboration with CJ Logistics, one of South Korea’s largest parcel delivery firms.
      “As autonomous robots for both industry and consumer applications are becoming more common, the field of robot safety technology continues to grow in importance,” said Dr. Baek Seung-min, head of the Advanced Robotics Lab at LG Electronics. “We are leading the way in this critical area, leaning on our considerable technological capabilities and real-world experience in applied robotics to provide the highest level of functional safety for the next-generation of autonomous robots.”
      # # #
      * An international standard for safety-related parts of machinery control systems as defined by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Nathan Azzi
      hello, 

Got a new 86nano75SQA

google assistance BUILT in works fine - and if i ask it to play a video it does.

But external google assistance on my google devices, only turns the TV on and off, and opens apps..

I cant for instance say "Play big bang theory on LG TV"

Or it says "I also need to know which device to use. try saying that again, and include the device's name"

Can anyone do this? is it it expected it works? works fine with the built in assistant, but not external ones

• By oscarsaravia
      Hi, I want to know how can I close completely an smart tv app when the user open another app and the main app is in background (suspended mode).
      I was trying using the getLifeStatus API but I had no success.
      Thanks.
    • By Finjo
      Hi, whenever I turned on my PS5 in the past on my TV  I would get a prompt in the bottom middle to press a button to automatically go to the HDMI channel, now I still get a notification in the top right saying “HDMI 1 is available” but it doesn’t seem clickable.

Has this been caused by a software update? I did also set up a sound bar in the HDMI ARC port recently and wondering if it could have anything to do with that?