Quantcast

Pop up messages on TV:wired LAN disconnected, then Network connected

Carolyn Steinberg

Question

For the past few months I am getting intermittent pop up messages on my TV.

1st one says Wired LAN disconnected, then another message pops up and says Network connected. I have been calling my cable carrier Spectrum and Techs have been here and can't find problem. Also I went to check my wifi on my TV and my user name and connections aren't showing up all of a sudden. This TV was just purchased May 2017. What is going on and how to resolve!!

5 answers to this question

The TV is 49sj810v .Following the firmware upgrade, the pop up messages are still annoying (no change).  In brief, it displays lan disconnected - connected, unknown device disconnected. Aslo my WIFI stopped working, as well the magic remote control (i have two remotes and none could be registered. Every time that i try to register, it displays Bluetooth has to be initialised. Currently am using a standard Remote control from my older 3dLG television.

Question: Does the bluetooth and wifi modules in this TV related?

It seems that this is the last LG item item that i have purchased. Currently all my TVs and mobiles are LG.

My TV did the same. Model 49UK7550PLA. The Magic remote could not be used as a mouse, only classic buttons were working. In settings, I could not turn Wi-Fi ON.
Problem was wireless card. As TV was connecting and disconnecting device I guess problem was the kernel's IRQ. Device wlan0 was reconnecting and with it also eth0.

I disassembled the TV and find out, that ribbon cables connecting the main board with the wireless card at the bottom of the TV was twisted and tensioned (no idea why, there is plenty of room).
After disconnecting cable on both sides, untwisting and reconnecting it, TV started working properly.

If it doesn't help, maybe you have to replace wireless card or cable.

Good luck guys.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rayden79
      I'm having this problem with LG Oled 65c16LA with WebOs Version 03.40.85
      When I turn off the TV, it goes into standby mode.
      After 2 minutes the red standby LED turns off and it is no longer possible to turn the TV back on with the remote or with the power on button.
      It is then necessary to unplug the power supply, wait a few minutes and reconnect it.
      So the TV goes back to standby and you can turn it on again. In use everything works.
      Is it a software problem? How can I solve it?
      Thank you
    • By geoffHome
      Initially would search and find 3 networks (Testra Air, the correct one and one other??) but would not connect.
      Reset our router (turn off then turned on again  and waited) but now no networks are even found to attempt to connect to.
      Any suggestions what my next step should be?  This has happened suddenly.  Thanks
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By News Reporter
      Relationship to Support Big Data, AI, Connected Cars,
      Digital Transformation and Robotics Applications

SEOUL, Jan. 10, 2022 – LG Electronics (LG) today announced joining the IBM Quantum Network to advance industry applications of quantum computing. By joining the IBM Quantum Network, LG will receive access to IBM’s quantum computing systems, as well as to IBM’s quantum expertise and Qiskit, IBM’s open-source quantum information software development kit.
      Using IBM Quantum technology, LG aims to explore applications of quantum computing in any areas requiring processing a large amount of data including AI, connected cars, digital transformation, IoT and robotics applications. LG will be able to leverage quantum computing hardware and software advances and applications as they emerge, in accordance with IBM’s
      link hidden, please login to view. By leveraging IBM Quantum technology, LG will be able to provide workforce training to its employees, permitting LG to investigate how potential breakthroughs can be applied to its industry. Quantum computing is an exciting evolution in computation. While classical computers calculate in bits that represent 0 and 1, quantum computers use qubits that harness quantum mechanical phenomena such as interference and entanglement in computation to solve problems that are fundamentally intractable for classical computers. As a result, quantum computing is well suited to help explore new solutions to a wide range of problems.
      The IBM Quantum team and LG are researching and exploring how quantum computing will help a ‎variety of industries and disciplines, including finance, energy, chemistry, materials science, ‎optimization and machine learning, among many others.
      “Based on our open innovation strategy, we plan to use IBM Quantum to develop our competency in quantum computing,” said Kim Byoung-hoon, CTO and executive vice president of LG Electronics. “We aim to provide customers with value that they have not experienced so far by leveraging quantum computing technology in future businesses.”
      “We’re happy to welcome LG Electronics to a growing quantum computing ecosystem in Korea at an exciting time for the region,” said Jay Gambetta, IBM Fellow and VP, Quantum Computing at IBM. “The relationship between IBM and LG Electronics will permit LG to explore new types of problems associated with emerging technologies and will help strengthen the quantum capabilities in Korea.”
      # # #

• By Huig
      Hello,
      I have a UJ701V tv from 2017. I get a random disturbance of the sound and picture and then the tv reboots. I have already removed the back cover and everything looks fine. According the logfile i have to replace the mainboard but i think the problem will stay.