Quantcast

how to "forget/skip" wrong XPLAY update

Mihai B.

Question

Hello,

I've read on the XPLAY forum about various problems with the latest version, so I decided to postpone the update until the issues are solved.
I really don't know where the problem is but the developer said:
"They have approved a quiet old version what has no online update functionality and the only way to fix anything or add new functionality is to send it to LG QA team … but they arrrrr soooooo much slow. Ive send them (on several days ago) version latest dev version with online update functionality. It will allow me to react to bugs much faster …"

My setup is:
TV: LG 55EG920V, WebOS 2.0, Software version 04.25.70
XPLAY: 20180322.1.2.8 (ONLINE)
PLEX: 1.13.8.5395

The version available for update in LG content store is 2.189.171 (08.10.2018). Many users complained they couldn't login anymore after upgrading to this version.

Could you please tell me what is the correct version should I update and when it'll be available for my TV?
Also, is there any way to skip this update?  I just want to avoid an accidental update which would broke the functionality...

Kind regards,

12 answers to this question

Hi

Since the developer (xplay.itkey.ru) didn't solve the issue yet, I have decided to block the whole LG Content Store at DNS level (pi-holed). Now when I try to open the Content Store it says it has no network connectivity, which is the desired behaviour for now. But even so, when I open the app I still have two options, update and launch.

The question is what would happen if I choose update, the new version is already downloaded on the TV and just starts installing, or the TV  first try to download the update from the Content Store?

Best regards,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By Burkey
      hi all. new to this but really stumped!!! i live in ontario canada and have been using cogeco cable for internet and tv. it got way too expensive so i cancelled both and switched to bell 3.0 which is at least 3 times faster and we have no tv package, so we are just streaming everything for 1/3 the price!!!!!  i signed up for a couple of sports sites, tsn and sportsnet + so i can watch hockey playoffs and other sports.  tsn works just fine on the tv.  however, sportsnet + says that i have to have web os version 89 or higher.  i found my tv, which is a 2023 version, is only version 87!!! i chatted with tech support and they were no help.  anybody got any ideas as to what i can do for this???  no auto software updates for it and nothing on the lg app store.  quite confused how a 2023 model is not up to date, or sportsnet+ is that far ahead and not backward compatible>>>
      thanks to anybody that answers.
      dave
    • By Nick Payne
      Since the last webos update to 3.40.87, I find I have to completely power cycle the TV (a G1 65" OLED) every week or so to get the DLNA client back to functioning properly. I have a media server running Serviio on a Raspberry Pi, and I periodically get one of the following two problems, both of which are fixed by completely power-cycling the TV.
      When I'm using the DLNA client to select videos from the server, I get no response from trying to select a video or series using the remote. The remote continues to work fine when used with other apps (eg Netflix, Stan etc) on the TV. When the DLNA client is playing a video from the server, the audio is delayed by a couple of seconds from the video. At the time that the TV is showing either of these problems, I can access the media server using either BubbleUPnP on my phone or VLC on my PC, and neither of them have any problem either selecting videos or playing them back with the audio synced with the video, so the problem is clearly with the TV, and power-cycling the TV gets rid of whichever problem is manifesting itself.
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Glamma2311
      My tv is acting strangely after there was a software update (sometime between April 10-15,2024)
      randomly turning off and on -- many times within a few minutes remote works some of the time or only certain buttons goes to a colored screen i.e. purple, yellow, light blue with no image just color sudden annoying continuous, high pitch sound like an alarm Checked and reset the cable box and called cable company. 
      Unplugged and plugged tv back in.
      Change the HDMI input
      It is becoming very frustrating.