Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Dan McKeown

Fetch TV Magic Remote support

Question

3 answers to this question

I have got my magic remote configured to control the set top box but it was not simple.

You can tell the TV you have a set top box and there is an option to select a remote control. The problem was that you couldn't choose a company (I have t-mobile) but you had to choose the brand of set top box and that was difficult to find. Maybe you can see it if you power cycle your set top box with the TV on.

I the end it worked but not as good as the remote with the set top box, which could be configured to work with the LG TV.

Fetch TV is a very popular set top box in Australia. Please let me know how the magic remote can be configured to control it.

Many thanks

Dan

You can try the “Big Sat” brand, remote type 3. It will give you limited control of the fetch TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Colin Bamber
      Is it possible to programme an additional function on to the magic remote. 

There is a missing EDIT button that my HUMAX FVP-5000T uses to bulk delete recordings and various other functions. I can’t seem to replicate that function with any button on the magic remote. 
    • By Tom S.
      New user to the forum!  
      My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area.
      I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state.
      Any help is appreciated!
    • By Andieboy
      Hi all, 
      I have a 65UM7100PLA with the magic remote. It works fine, except the voice command. Everytime I say something, it open youtube responses. 
      On the official LG webpage I can see, that it can be used as control the TV itself. "Open picture settings",, "volume up", etc. But if I say that, it opens up youtube, and offers me videos about opening picture settings on offtopic devices.
      What am I doing wrong? How to set the voice commands to work on TV itself?
      thx!
    • By Alexander Olsson
      Hi,
      I just Bought the LG OLED55C8 with its Universal "Magic Remote" that
      should be able to control the sound settings in my accompanying(i bought it for the tv separately ofc, but was told it was compatible with all major sound system brands) LOGITECH z906 sound system.
      I'm using a Optical cable from my z906 and in the  OLED55C8 TV settings you can choose about 30 of all the biggest sound manufacturers to link the remote to.

To my surprise and disappointment Logitech was not one of them. Is it possible
      to choose any of all the other BIG NAMES IN SOUND, besides Logitech so i can
      use just the one remote, or will i have to suffer the switching between remotes
      all the f-ing time?

If it cannot be done, can you, LG, please contact Logitech to get some Firmware over to LGs WebOS system so i can use my z906 as intended?

From A rather disappointed new purchaser of the LG OLED55C8