Quantcast

HBO GO App

Roy Olsen

Question

I was able to download the HBO GO app on my LGTV.  Looks like it is working.  Browsed to various shows.  Found one to watch.  Asked to login to Cable Provider (same as Apple TV and Samsung TV).  But when I get to enter the username and password, the keyboard on my remote won't work.  It will not type any characters.  The remote works fine with gesture in the app.  I can check and uncheck boxes.  But no typing input.  I left the app and went to browser and was able to type in web address so I know batteries and remote work.

Bottom line, I have the app, but can't get logged in.  Ideas?  Is this the incompatibility issue mentioned in the HBO GO thread?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By S.K.
      I am not able to install sonyliv app.
    • By Alex
      HBO Max came out recently and unfortunately they haven't built an app for lg webOS TVs yet. 
      The following devices are supported by HBO Max. If a device is supported, you'll find the HBO Max app in the app store.
      Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+) Android TV (OS 5+) Apple TV (4th gen and later) Chromebooks Chromecast iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+) PC and Mac computers PlayStation 4 Samsung TV (2016+) Xbox One So if you have any of these devices hooked up to your LG webOS TV your solution is to use one of these methods.  

link hidden, please login to view You can also contact HBO directly by email at [email protected]
    • By Rolivhuwa Muelelwa
      I have been struggling with the Tidal App on my LG C1. You play music, but it random stops playing. Both on Wired connection and WiFi connect. I basically can't listen to any full song, without the audio randomly stopping. 
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Webosdev
      I walked through this guide 
      link hidden, please login to view  
      but I got the first problem that the emulator didn't run probably it just shows a blank black page, I tried to launch the application installed from the App Manager, but nothing.