HULU

Cliff Myres

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

Mine is also not opening Hulu. I get an error that says "Can't access this service" or something like that. Started 3 days ago and yes I have subscription that is active. It opens fine on my PC. I have the Hulu icon on smart TV screen but it doesn't show in my apps. I cannot figure out how to uninstall and then reinstall since it doesn't show in MY Apps. Any specific how to info would be really nice

Called LG cust service. Was told HULU no longer supports LG Smart TV application. First YouTube was pulled now HULU is pulled, wonder what is next.

If u have XBOXONE u can dowwload the HULU app and install it on XBOX.

Edited by Cliff Myres
add comment.

Well that's poopy! Thanks for the info. Yeah have an Xbox but not on that TV. I wonder if Hulu is on other brand smart tv's.  I am thinking I need a bigger screen but if this is across all brands might as well get a regular tv and check the firesticks and other options. And the new Steven king series is coming this summer too. Dang! Thanks again so much. That will save me some time.

Haha. I don't even know if my LG uses OS. I was trying to do something a while back on my smart TV and found this forum and i think I downloaded OS to tv but I can't remember. My brain is full and I can't always remember. My TV was bought in November 2012. And my Hulu was working fine till like 4 nights ago. 

7 hours ago, Mandyhoffman said:

Haha. I don't even know if my LG uses OS. I was trying to do something a while back on my smart TV and found this forum and i think I downloaded OS to tv but I can't remember. My brain is full and I can't always remember. My TV was bought in November 2012. And my Hulu was working fine till like 4 nights ago. 

If you can find the model number of your TV users would be able to tell you exactly which operating system it has.  I am going to take a guess that being a 2012 model it is running NetCast which is LG's previous iteration of Smart TV and not covered by this forum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Richard Stewart
      After I complete developing lg tv app,  how other man  test  app?
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By Alex
      Discovery+, the company’s subscription streaming service, is filling in some holes in its distribution lineup through a new agreement with LG.
      The app is now available on LG smart TVs in the U.S. including the company’s lineup of OLED TVs and QNED MiniLED TVs dating back to 2018 models. Users can now access discovery+ on LG’s webOS platform by saying "discovery plus" into their LG Magic Remote.
      Discovery+, which sells for $4.99 per month or $6.99 per month with no ads, is also available on Android and iOS devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung and Xbox.
      "We are thrilled to expand the availability of discovery+ and provide LG customers a direct and easy way to stream our much-loved brands, series and talent," said Gabriel Sauerhoff, senior vice president of digital distribution and commercial partnerships for Discovery, Inc., in a statement. "The announcement of discovery+ on LG Smart TVs builds upon our existing relationship with a valued partner, and we look forward to the continued growth of discovery+ and reaching more fans around the world."
      The launch on LG TVs comes just one day after Discovery announced that Discovery+ will be available in Canada beginning October 18. The service will be priced at Can$4.99 per month, with an ad-free version available for Can$6.99 per month, and each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
      Discovery Inc. is currently in the process of merging with WarnerMedia, which will be spun off from AT&T. In August, Discovery CEO David Zaslav said he was recently in Washington, D.C. and didn’t pick up on any potential headwinds for the deal that will bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ under one banner.
      “There’s broad support for this transaction. We haven’t heard any pushback, we haven’t seen any public pushback,” he said. “Right now, it feels for us on every level like we’re seeing green lights. We’re not seeing any yellow or red lights.”
      Discovery and AT&T expect the deal to close by mid-2022.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view Discovery+ is available in Canada as of October 18.

• By VickiB
      Every time we turn on our "smart" TV, it tries to connect to cable. We don't have cable. That's not very smart.
      Because we don't have cable, we have static; it's noisy and annoying until I can push enough buttons on the remote to get to something else.
      Is there a way to tell this thing not to boot into "TV" mode? (Best if it would remember what it was doing when I turned it off).

• By Orson Cart
      Some time ago after an update to my TV, whenever I switch it on it has an annoying strip across the bottom of the screen, The strip features buttons for various terrestrial channels and also for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
      Since I have no use for this strip whatsoever, the first thing that I do is to close it down. I have to wait about 5 seconds though. During that time the tv won't respond to any input other than the volume control.
      After the 5 seconds is up I am able to close it down and then for example, change the channel I want. At that point all's good until next time I switch on the tv when I have to go through the same rigmarole.
      Can anyone here please tell me that it's possible to disable this thing? I've looked but can find no means of disabling it.
      Thanks,
      Orson