Quantcast

Hulu App discontinued on my TV, where is the updated version?

Kaizen

Question

Hello all,

I have a LG TV from 2015, Model Number - 60UF7700

WebOS version - 04.05.85

The Hulu app that I had running on the TV was I guess the classic app. Hulu plus that wasn't able to do Live TV, and it was just discontinued on my TV.

Alright cool, it was a crappy version of Hulu app anyways.

But what am I missing here?

Hulu's website says all LG TV's with WebOS 3.5 and higher can get the new app, but I can't find it in the LG content store. Only TV's that are not supported with WebOS 3.0 are the UH series. But I have 4.0 and mine is this UF series.

I know the TV is 4 years old. and I work at best buy, I know the life span of these things. But I just don't see why I wouldn't be able to get the app, I can't imagine the TV not being able handle it. Like is it just designed not to work with the hardware of the TV?

i'm confused, seeing as Hulu says that it's supported on 3.5 and higher. 

anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, nemilose said:

2015 LG TVs, i.e. UF series have WebOS 2.0. UH are from 2016 and have WebOS 3.0. WebOS 3.5 is introduced in 2017.
You probably have firmware version 4.x.

Oh you are right, I looked into a little deeper on my settings. WebOS 2.2.1-2147. I just assumed that WebOS was being updated. Is there anyway to root this and install an updated WebOS on it? Or am I just out of luck on the older TV?

Edit: Never mind, I just googled it. Thanks for the help! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kevin_Idaho
      Our LG TV was just updated with the latest software - before when the TV was turned on it was set to the previous input (one of the HDMIs).   Now it appears to be sent to the Home Dashboard and I have to manually change it to the desired HDMI input.    Does anyone know how to fix this?    Thanks!
    • By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By Nova1545
      I have a 55UH6150 LG Smart TV and was wonder if it was possible to update it to version WebOS 6. I have some apps I would like to install but sadly they are only avaible on the content store from WebOS 6+. Is it in anyway possible to update the SW for it?
      I know the page doesn't show WebOS 6 listed for it, but am curious if there is a way I can do it anyways
      Any information would be much appreciated
    • By Brian Gregory
      CBS Catchup, Discovery+, POP player, and UKTV Play always need updating. Even seconds after you just updated them. It started doing this a few days ago.
      Who can I contact to get this fixed?
      Since the "apps need updating" notification now always appears when I switch the TV on, I now have no way of telling if anything really does need updating other than going into the LG content store, clicking Apps, clicking My Apps, and visually checking.
      ☹️
    • By ironmonkey
      Updated 11 Dec 2022
      Ok so against my better judgement we contacted LG Malaysia and spoke to their customer support to ask them about the issue with the screen dimming.
      Without needing to give any real information, other than saying that the screen was a lot darker and i could not change any settings to fix this, the support girl said that this is 100% an issue with the LCD lights inside the TV.
      So we asked if this can be fixed and she said yes it can be fixed. She then sent an LG technician to my home to fix the TV. However when he turned up he took the TV away and placed it in an old cardboard box that was falling to pieces. Then he said that he would need to keep the TV for 2 - 3 days while he ordered the parts that he needed. I was a little surprised because i would have thought that he would already have the parts in stock, given that he knew what the issues was and had two or three weeks notice from our first conversation to order the parts.
      Anyway the 2 - 3 days turned into 2 - 3 weeks. After taking the TV away, he could not get the parts because they were "out of stock" then after he replaced the LCD lights he told me that there "was a strange line" on the edge of the screen. This line was not there before he took the TV away and i turned the TV on while he was here in my home to show him the dimming scree issue and it was definitely not present then and it has never been present before he took my TV apart to "fix it".
      So he brings the TV back and there is now a very noticeable bright space around the edge of the screen that was not there before this idiot took the TV apart and now he is acting like its no big deal, just standing there in my front room like i should be grateful that he has "fixed the dimming issue with my TV" even though, no matter what i do with the TV settings, the colors and contrast are horrible and i just cant get the picture to look right and i now have this horrible bright pixilation/tearing around the whole of the inside of the screen and its getting worse all the time. .
      This "fix" cost me over $120US and the TV is more broken than it was before i called LG support and i am shocked that this guy, who is supposed to be an LG approved technician could mess this up so badly.